BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-20-2017, 09:50 PM   #1
campaign308
Rep
Drives: 08 X3

Windshield Wipers Acting Weird

I had my front windshield replaced on my 08 X3 this past weekend now after that my wipers aren't operating properly.

So the driver side wiper operates normally but the passengers side goes up and down normally as well but will rest a few inches above where it normally would. It only does this after about every 5th wipe. So it rests normally then will occasionally sit a little higher than normal which drives me nuts.

Not only that, the wiper has flipped a few times as well. So the top side of the wiper hits the windshield fairly hard which will end up cracking it sooner or later.

I'm looking for a DIY repair so I don't have to go cuss out Safelite. If someone can help I'd GREATLY appreciate it and so will Safelites staff
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2017, 10:54 AM   #2
LarsLarson
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 bmw x3 xdrive30i

I am guessing you have had this fixed? What was the solution? My wife's vehicle started doing the same last night. I'm noticing that the driverside top tip clips passenger bottom wiper. Havent pulled out a wrench yet but i think maybe one side has skipped a position. Trying to source a pic of proper top rest position now.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2017, 08:43 PM   #3
campaign308
Rep
Drives: 08 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsLarson View Post
I am guessing you have had this fixed? What was the solution? My wife's vehicle started doing the same last night. I'm noticing that the driverside top tip clips passenger bottom wiper. Havent pulled out a wrench yet but i think maybe one side has skipped a position. Trying to source a pic of proper top rest position now.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to fix or find a fix. Safelite reseated the wiper arm and that didn't fix it. I just had to deal with it
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 07:11 PM   #4
frisbeeguy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW,Tesla, etc.

Garage List
Do a scan with ISTA and see if you get any fault codes back for the wipers....if you can use INPA for that, that would be great too. As for wiper motor disassembly, etc...the TIS: https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/
Appreciate 0