BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-24-2011, 05:09 AM   #1
Andrewob
Private
Rep
Drives: X3

Uk orders delays!

I just had an email re my X3 saying production has been delayed and delivery has moved from April to end June!!

As you can imagine I am not happy has anyone else come across such a large delay?

I'm starting to regret buying from Internet company now, despite them giving me a good deal.

Anyone know if there us anything I can do?? I don't think so but...,
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 05:39 AM   #2
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

I have just chased my dealer as mine was scheduled to go into production w/c Monday 21st Feb

Im afraid to say I think your supplier has given you duff info from the start and no such order delay exists (perhaps it was a simple guesstimate on their part?)

I will let you know if mine was ahead as scheduled

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 05:54 AM   #3
Andrewob
Private
Rep

I think you are right. I have not heard of any major delays once the order has been made.

Let me know on your order though please.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 06:21 AM   #4
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Sorry to hear that. I would be livid.

You should update this thread too. It looks your dealer's bullsh!t factor is quite high unfortunately for you . It may even be off the scale!

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 06:51 AM   #5
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Here is reply from dealer

"Yes it's just been built and released by the plant but not yet officially in transit. showing an eta to the UK w/c 4th April"

My X3 is born, long live my X3

Now just need sfax to stalk my car over the ocean

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 07:16 AM   #6
marmite
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

did anyone in UK have any success in getting any production video viewings of their car?
Something I'll quiz my dealer about, once my order progresses further...
BMW xdrive30d M Sport Space Grey, Black Nevada, Aluminium Trim, 19" 369M alloys, Prof. Media package, Visibility package, Access package, VDC, Sun Protection Glass, Front Seat Heating, Split-folding rear seats, Sun Blinds, Lumbar support, Extended Storage, Business Stereo, DAB, Tel. USB audio interface, 6NR, 614 Internet.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 07:21 AM   #7
cooldude00
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x3 2.0d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewob View Post
I just had an email re my X3 saying production has been delayed and delivery has moved from April to end June!!

As you can imagine I am not happy has anyone else come across such a large delay?

I'm starting to regret buying from Internet company now, despite them giving me a good deal.

Anyone know if there us anything I can do?? I don't think so but...,
when did u place your order? i placed mine mid Jan and was told May/June which i viewed with skepticism based on what i've read on this forum and lo and behold, has been moved to Jun/July with delivery in Sep

and even then it's still not firm apparently.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 08:13 AM   #8
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMER UK 76 View Post
Here is reply from dealer

"Yes it's just been built and released by the plant but not yet officially in transit. showing an eta to the UK w/c 4th April"

My X3 is born, long live my X3

Now just need sfax to stalk my car over the ocean
I'll prepare a sailing schedule!

Great news Bimmer. Not long now!

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 08:14 AM   #9
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmite View Post
did anyone in UK have any success in getting any production video viewings of their car?
Something I'll quiz my dealer about, once my order progresses further...
This is definitely US only. You need to do it through the BMW USA website and that won't find your VIN unless you ordered from the US

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 08:20 AM   #10
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

For those experiencing delays, I know it's not what you want to hear, but I would believe nothing you are told until you have a definite build week and even then, you only really know for sure when it actually goes into production that you have 6 weeks more to wait.

Everyone is lied to when they first place the order!

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 10:28 AM   #11
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
I'll prepare a sailing schedule!
I will need this before I fly to Vegas on the 23rd and I will be looking out of the window trying to spot it

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 03:45 PM   #12
X5plug-in
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Told yesterday that my order is on schedule if that helps others. So it does appear that some slots at least are not slipping. Also advised that changing spec can result in slot slipping, so advice is not to make changes too close to production date to keep on time.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 03:48 PM   #13
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3buyerScotland View Post
Told yesterday that my order is on schedule if that helps others. So it does appear that some slots at least are not slipping. Also advised that changing spec can result in slot slipping, so advice is not to make changes too close to production date to keep on time.
This probably means you found the only honest salesman

Or.....

Your 6ft 6" and built like a brick shit house and he dare not lie

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 03:52 PM   #14
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

03-03-2011, 04:00 PM   #15
ScotX5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5

Sorry to hear of your delay. I had close on a 6 month wait and I was one of the first people to order at my dealer last august. When I picked mine up in early feb the salesman told me that the dealer had 60 cars on order and any new customers were being told that sept/oct would be the delivery month. All I can say is it's worth the wait.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 04:05 PM   #16
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3buyerScotland View Post
Also advised that changing spec can result in slot slipping
I was also told this but I just couldn't help myself!

Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 04:31 PM   #17
marmite
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Do you think changing the spec. includes changing the colour?
Still wavering about colour choice!!

I was worried when I changed my spec. to M Sport - the dealer said they didn't think it should delay it, but couldn't be sure until they put it through! I had a nervous wait that afternoon, but luckily it didn't effect it!
BMW xdrive30d M Sport Space Grey, Black Nevada, Aluminium Trim, 19" 369M alloys, Prof. Media package, Visibility package, Access package, VDC, Sun Protection Glass, Front Seat Heating, Split-folding rear seats, Sun Blinds, Lumbar support, Extended Storage, Business Stereo, DAB, Tel. USB audio interface, 6NR, 614 Internet.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 12:13 AM   #18
X5plug-in
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

When I ordered I managed to build in in effect a penalty factor for the dealer if delivery was late by a fixed trade in price. The official info I have received suggests this will not be triggered, so everyone is happy. A paint change could in theory lead to a delay I presume if they spray in colour batches but don't know how this works. A factory video might tell you if every car on the spray line is the same or a different colour.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 03:49 AM   #19
Andrewob
Private
Rep

Just wondering at what stage you all had a confirmed build date? How close to delivery and production?

I ordered mid dec but changed the spec very early Jan. Was originally told April delivery, it's now late June. But I'm waiting on them to confirm a build date so at least I have more definite delivery date, my concern being that June turns into September!!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 03:59 AM   #20
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewob View Post
Just wondering at what stage you all had a confirmed build date? How close to delivery and production?
http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=480776

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 04:12 AM   #21
coiken
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Hearing this type of messages make me scared to order an x3... I'm still a bit hessetating between the new X3 and 5 series... 5 series I can have delivered in 3 months, X3 is minimum 6 months of painfull waiting for this baby to arrive
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 04:31 AM   #22
335dxd
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: F31 335d Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by coiken View Post
Hearing this type of messages make me scared to order an x3... I'm still a bit hessetating between the new X3 and 5 series... 5 series I can have delivered in 3 months, X3 is minimum 6 months of painfull waiting for this baby to arrive
Depends what you want/need:
X3....Mummy Truck/4WD/High driving position/low rent interior in areas/8 month wait!
or
5er....Proper car/RWD (Xdrive if europe)/High end interior built at Dingolfing/3 month wait.

Roughly same prices....its your choice as they say each to their own. I drove both and decided on 5er.

5er is a classic/timeless BMW... X3 is currently 'trendy' but in my opinion could date quite quickly...no doubt it is much better than prev gen...

8-9 month wait is a 'killer' though!

Last edited by 335dxd; 03-04-2011 at 04:34 AM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0