BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-10-2015, 04:06 PM   #1
Varty84
Registered
Rep
Drives: Black 2005 x3 3.0i

Garage List
2005 X3 3.0i  [0.00]
2005 e83 drivers mirror

Hey Guys,
I'm having issue with intermittent loss of driver side mirror control. Passenger side always works in all positions including tilt down in reverse. I have read some techs replacing window/mirror control switch as per troubleshooting procedure with no success then replacing the actuator. This was for complaint of "drivers mirror moving on its own" or when windows activated. Others have replaced actuator first followed by window switch. Parts dealer says switch is more frequently purchased. I'm temped to remove switch, clean with contact cleaner and dry out. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2015, 03:56 PM   #2
twerth
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X3 3.0si

I'm hoping you get some responses on this since I'm having a similar problem. My driver's side mirror stopped working. No adjustment and the folding function both quit. Passenger side still works. Adjustment, folding and tilt for reverse all still work on the right side. To me, this doesn't sound like the actuator. I'd have thought the adjustment and folding were two different motors.
      01-17-2016, 04:56 AM   #3
Jim761
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X1 2.5dmsport f48 X3 E83 ix3

I would change the fuse first strange as it seems I had very similar problem so I checked the fuses could not see anything wrong with them but I did change them for new ones and problem has never reappeared hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2016, 11:28 AM   #4
twerth
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X3 3.0si

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim761 View Post
I would change the fuse first strange as it seems I had very similar problem so I checked the fuses could not see anything wrong with them but I did change them for new ones and problem has never reappeared hope this helps.
Thanks for the response. That's the first thing I tried, but with no luck. I think it's either the actuator or the switch. I just hate to spend money before I'm sure which is causing the problem.