BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-18-2021, 07:50 PM   #1
Denkikun333
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X3

Hitch receiver stuck?

Hoping that someone can help me out… after much ado, I finally got an OEM hitch on my 2015 X3. But, the first time I attached the receiver, that sucker licked in place and refuses to come out… the hitch is used and receiver was not inserted when purchased… I actually stuck it in prior to installing hitch and didn’t realize you need to push in the handle while turning to release- once I read that it popped right out. Put it on the X3 and inserted the receiver, and it’s stuck!

I’m wondering what position the key slot is (vertical or horizontal) for “locked”… I didn’t get keys with the hitch, but the previous owner said it was unlocked..
In searching the forum and the internets, I could only find people with the same issue and nobody who has solved this.. any and all support is tremendously appreciated …. Peter
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 11:14 AM   #2
frisbeeguy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW,Tesla, etc.

Garage List
Pictures would help a lot. Usually if metallic parts are stuck, either lube or MAPP has work, depending on the situation, the MAPP being last resort...and a lot of hammering with a mallet
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 04:29 PM   #3
Denkikun333
Rep

Re receiver stuck

Thanks frisbeeguy,

Yup, that's exactly what I was thinking.... but before I go at it, I want to make sure that the thing isn't locked at the key... I'd love to confirm that if the the key slot on the tumbler is vertically oriented and if the receiver is showing green and lets you depress and twist the handle, that it's actually fully unlocked.... do you happen to know? Thanks in advance!
Hopefully these two images show up.... First one shows that the position of the lever and that it shows green, second one shows the orientation of the key slot (vertical) I pried out that little plastic cover next to the tumbler to investigate whether or not the lock mechanism could be removed... didn't actually do anything in there though.....
[IMG][/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 04:32 PM   #4
Denkikun333
Rep

Appreciate 0