BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-22-2011, 01:32 AM   #1
Beyu
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Dealer Allocation

I apologize if this has already been answered but I've searched the forum & web and haven't been able to find any info for my question.

How does BMW's allocation system work? Is the system based on a combination of previous sales and monthly slots or is it something entirely different? For example in this situation a dealer might get 10 X3s a month and the cars are delivered to the dealer every 1st of the month. 9 out of these 10 slots are filled and being built, if a buyer decides to order the car before the cut off date and fill the final slot will the buyer receive their car on the 1st of the month, same as that allocation batch even though the other 9 buyers had ordered their cars earlier?

The reason why I ask about the allocation system is because there seems to be a large disparity between when a owner receives their vehicle even if they happen to be in the same state. I understand that some dealers are able to receive a larger amount of vehicles than others but I keep hearing about how people are lucky and got the final allocation spot from their dealer.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 10:42 AM   #2
MA78
TK-421
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyu View Post
I apologize if this has already been answered but I've searched the forum & web and haven't been able to find any info for my question.

How does BMW's allocation system work? Is the system based on a combination of previous sales and monthly slots or is it something entirely different? For example in this situation a dealer might get 10 X3s a month and the cars are delivered to the dealer every 1st of the month. 9 out of these 10 slots are filled and being built, if a buyer decides to order the car before the cut off date and fill the final slot will the buyer receive their car on the 1st of the month, same as that allocation batch even though the other 9 buyers had ordered their cars earlier?

The reason why I ask about the allocation system is because there seems to be a large disparity between when a owner receives their vehicle even if they happen to be in the same state. I understand that some dealers are able to receive a larger amount of vehicles than others but I keep hearing about how people are lucky and got the final allocation spot from their dealer.
Allocation is based on volume. Higher volume dealerships get more/earlier slots. But, being higher volume, those slots tend to fill up faster. It's a crap shoot.
Appreciate 0