BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-08-2011, 01:03 AM   #23
Dr Stig 2
Criminally Insane
Australia
Rep
Drives: Like a Demon!

Garage List
2010 BMW Z4 35is  [10.00]
2013 BMW X5 30d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by colton_matthias View Post
I would choose X1... It is very good to drive, like a 3 series saloon!!! In Canada, we only get offered the 28i with the turbo 4 with 8 speed. That felt really fast and handling was very good.
I haven't driven the X1, but Top Gear magazine tried to cross a shallow creek in one and it died - it had to be towed home.
Wasn't BMW's finest day. I think there was a hyundai or similar on the test run as well which had no issues.
Don't know if BMW every published an explanation of why it died.

Dr Stig
2010 Z4 35is
2011 X3 30d M Sport
Australia
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 03:04 AM   #24
Lotus7
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by lydonen View Post
The waiting lists in Norway are long! I ordered my M-Sport in April and they told me it would be delivered in September. Then they went quiet and when I called back to check they said February!! I cannot change dealers since that will put me further back in the queue.. I can accept to wait but I feel that others have taken my place in the line and I've been pushed backwards.. Anyway the GLK is a perfectly OK car, september production and October delivery sounds ok :-)
Before canceling the X3 order, I'd consider writing to BMW AG and explaining the situation in detail, if you think that your dealer may have lied to you, explain why. If you know of other customers who have received their X3's with less of a wait, who ordered when you did, mention those cases. Keep the letter on a professional level and stress the facts of how you feel the dealer misled you. No ranting and no name calling.

Make it clear that you believe that your dealer has misrepresented the delivery time for your order and that unless BMW AG can do something to rectify the situation, you will be purchasing another brand and will never consider ordering another BMW.

You might consider addressing your letter directly to someone at BMW-Group like Ian Robertson (Sales and Marketing Director). It’s very unlikely that a Board Member like Mr. Robertson would respond personally, but it’s a way of insuring that someone in the company who has the authority to get something done, ultimately reads your letter. At the worst, it may put some pressure on your dealership to treat future customers better than you have been treated.

Good Luck!
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 12:13 PM   #25
Steven40
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0d F25

Quote:
I'll might do something like that, but as I said earlier the kind of discount I got is impossible to get if I start negotiations today because of the high demand.. But I am entitled to one of the first X3 M-sports arriving in Norway and I intend to fight a bit for my rights!
Can I be curious to know which discount you first got ?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 03:56 PM   #26
lydonen
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Ordered a new X3 X20d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven40 View Post
Can I be curious to know which discount you first got ?
First, thank You Lotus7 for Your excellent advice, surely I will consider something like that!

In answer to Steven40 my X3 costs more than 690k Norwegian krone when buildt on the bmw.no site. These days the dealer charges extra for transport, preparation and even some silly rubber mats so I would have to pay around 710kNOK or more these days. My contract is @646kNOK delivered so it's quite a huge discount.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 05:37 PM   #27
lydonen
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
First, thank You Lotus7 for Your excellent advice, surely I will consider something like that!

In answer to Steven40 my X3 costs more than 690k Norwegian krone when buildt on the bmw.no site. These days the dealer charges extra for transport, preparation and even some silly rubber mats so I would have to pay around 710kNOK or more these days. My contract is @646kNOK delivered so it's quite a huge discount.
In comparison, 2nd hand X3's are sold for more than I am paying for a brand new X3 M-Sport: http://www.finn.no/finn/car/used/res...EL=7798&sort=6
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 08:52 AM   #28
Steven40
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0d F25

So, you get a discount of 7%, the same as I had in Belgium.
I ordered the car end of september last year and had been delivered
mid feb this year.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 05:28 PM   #29
lydonen
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven40 View Post
So, you get a discount of 7%, the same as I had in Belgium.
I ordered the car end of september last year and had been delivered
mid feb this year.
I ordered mine mid november but changed my car to an M-sport in April. They had huge backorders and were probably happy to take the car I originally ordered and promised me an M-Sport out of their own allocation instead, due to be delivered in September. But when I called to check last week they suddenly said February, wich leads me to the conclusion that I've been pushed backwards in the queue in favor of better paying customers.
Appreciate 0