BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-08-2011, 06:18 AM   #1
Max1Factor
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive20i M Sport

My spec: ?

Hi, Just joined! Ordered the spec below 3 weeks ago – expected delivery mid Sep’11. As I have a few days to amend I thought I would ask for feedback. I’m max3'd out on budget but for the sake of a few GBP I could revise. E.g. is the Servotronic steering (for Mrs Max3 when parking) an oversight or not needed?

UK Vehicle
X3 xDrive20d M Sport 2.0d
354 Titanium Silver (still not 100% sure - 2nd choice space gray)
LUSW Black Nevada leather
Options
ZXO Electric seat adjustment with lumbar support (this is the non-essential extravagance but I like the idea)
(459 Elec Fr Seats + Driver Memory)
(488 Lumbar support, driver and front pass)
205 Automatic Gearbox
225 M Sport suspension deletion (thinking Potholes and speed humps where I live)
316 Bootlid operation, powered
420 Sun protection glass
430 Ext. mirrors - folding, auto dimming
522 Xenon headlights
654 DAB digital radio
6NH Bluetooth hands-free with USB audio interface
Other Items
BMW Service Inclusive 5yr/60,000 miles

Regards, Max3
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 06:25 AM   #2
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max3Factor View Post
As I have a few days to amend

Welcome to the forum

You have far too much time before build to change your specification many times, being a member of this forum is dangerous for the bank balance as we will convince you to add to your already impressive specification

I think the sport suspension delete will be a popular option for comforts sake

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 07:13 AM   #3
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Welcome to the forum. You got xenons and an automatic transmission. They're the most important . Looks like a pretty good spec. I think if I was ordering now I would go for an M Sport but it wasn't an option when I ordered. I would like to see a few more of them in real life but I think it will look great. Are you sure you don't want a white one though?!

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=437674

Re. servotronic, I have it and I like it, as does mrs sfax . Makes steering effortless at low speeds and I don't have any problem with how it feels cornering at higher speeds. I also have sports suspension, 19" alloys and performance control which may all influence the feel.

If it was my order I would consider switching the DAB and the auto rear bootlid for a sunroof. Makes it so much lighter and more airy inside, especially as you have a dark interior.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 07:58 AM   #4
BMWZ4
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X1/'23 Allroad Progressiv

Welcome to the forum! Your spec looks pretty decent, shame about the 6 month waiting period though....

Dave
'11 Z4 30i (retired);'11 X3 28i (retired); '15 M235i Stage 1 Dinan (recalled & crushed); '16 M235i Stage 3 Dinan (retired); '15 X3 28i (retired); '14 328i (retired), 2019 X3M40i (retired); Loaded '18 X1 (retired); Loaded '20 X3MC DG, Black/Tan Merino (retired); Loaded '23 X1 Cape York green and Red/Black interior; '23 Audi A4 Allroad Progressiv
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 08:33 AM   #5
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Marien View Post
shame about the 6 month waiting period though....
No need to rub it in Dave!

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 10:52 AM   #6
Max1Factor
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Hi, thanks all for the responses - keep them coming.

Dave: I was so close to ordering a Q5 S Line Special Ed. This also quoted as having a 6 month wait. Read some reviews and spotted the M sport package had appeared. Test drove the X3 and Q5. Made the right choice. The 6 month wait takes us into the new Sept registration and my x0th birthday.

Sfax: The car in white is fantastic - originally my 1st choice, but Mrs Max3 said no. She also said no to heated seats and Nav/media. Must upgrade to Mrs Max3 v2.0.
DAB worth keeping as in 5 years when I sell DAB will be commonplace. The power tailgate is a pose and again good for the Mrs. Love the sunroof but breaks the budget.

Regards Max3
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 12:08 PM   #7
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Sfax: The car in white is fantastic - originally my 1st choice, but Mrs Max3 said no. She also said no to heated seats and Nav/media. Must upgrade to Mrs Max3 v2.0.
DAB worth keeping as in 5 years when I sell DAB will be commonplace. The power tailgate is a pose and again good for the Mrs. Love the sunroof but breaks the budget.
We all need a sensible Mrs Max3 when we're getting a little overexcited with the online configurator (like a kid in a candy store)!

Good point on the DAB actually. It should be standard by now on cars in this bracket. I went for DAB mostly because I listen to 5Live a lot and get annoyed with having to put up with MW.

One thing that I missed first time that is definitely worth having if you can stretch to it is the business speaker upgrade. Or it least make sure you're happy having tried an X3 without it.

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 12:49 PM   #8
AJWilson
First Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D SE

Quote:
Hi, thanks all for the responses - keep them coming.

Dave: I was so close to ordering a Q5 S Line Special Ed. This also quoted as having a 6 month wait. Read some reviews and spotted the M sport package had appeared. Test drove the X3 and Q5. Made the right choice. The 6 month wait takes us into the new Sept registration and my x0th birthday.

Regards Max3
Can't you trade-in Mrs Max3 for the heated seats, Nav/media and sunroof
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 02:00 PM   #9
cooldude00
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x3 2.0d

nice specs and welcome!

least you got a realistic delivery date as compared to some of us.....
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 02:55 PM   #10
Andrewob
Private
Rep
Drives: X3

I would strongly recommend heated seats. My last 530d had no heated seats and they were cold! also helps resale. I would not buy a car with leather which did not have heated seats. I use mine in current car all time. You can add them after but it's £500.

I agree about the business speaker upgrade, money well spent if you like music.

Not sure whether you have added Bluetooth either but I think this will become a must have on resale.

In my opinion if you want to save money consider dropping the electric seats. Although quite cool and easier to get adjusted than manual. Once the seat is set that's it. Of course unless you have more than 1 drivers where they make far more sense.

Just my two cents

Bear in mind any changes may delay delivery, it shouldn't but that may have happened to me, or it could be they told porkies when I ordered saying I would get it in April which is now moved to end June
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 03:15 PM   #11
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

I agree on electric seats if you only have one driver but Max3, like me, has two, and I love my electric seats as much as I used to hate adjusting the manual seats and the mirrors in my old car when mrs sfax had been at the wheel.

Also, another opinion on the heated seats: I disagree because I had them in my GTI and rarely ever used them. They took a while to heat up and I used to forget to switch them off all the time. I did sometimes enjoy switching on the passenger side and waiting for a reaction and they probably add to resale value though, although that depends how soon you sell

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 09:49 AM   #12
Max1Factor
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

I'm now thinking of dropping the electric seats to help fund nav/media pro + 6NR ? I wont use all of it at first but I suspect it future proofs the car.

Tempted by the Business sound as the car is where I get to choose my music and turn it up to 11. Vast improvement or not ?

Btw update: Ordered w 7, Build w 32, Delivery w 38

Max3

Last edited by Max1Factor; 03-11-2011 at 09:54 AM..
Appreciate 0