BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-05-2013, 11:26 PM   #1
rondocap
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Help with 2 issues - pulling to the right and a small clunk

Ok, I have 2 issues I am having. Recently I had 4 Goodyear LS2 RFT puts on my X3 m sport - 19 inch square setup. They were all around 7/8 32nds of wear, but seems even.

I am now getting the car pulling a bit to the right. Is it normal for it to pull a bit? An alignment was also done a week before the tires were put on. PSI was set at 36 for all 4. (I know the door jam says 32 and 38, I will change it to that but I'm not sure it will help)

Second issue: I had a new left front strut installed by BMW. When going over bumps, I notice that the left front wheel in particular makes a bit harsher clunk/noise than the other wheels. Does the strut have to loosen and break in or was something possibly not put on correctly?
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2013, 10:46 AM   #2
ianfp
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40D M Sport

The strut should be ok straight off. I think 36 PSI is quite high and could affect the ride? I would try dropping to 32 or even 30 PSI if you are not carrying passengers. I find the tire pressure makes a big difference to my car.
Appreciate 0