BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-26-2016, 09:59 AM   #1
bmwx3805
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 14 cruze diesel and 2019 430I

extended Maintenance price?

extended Maintenance price. just curious what yall have paid around for the extended maintenance coverage? I'm not looking for opinions on why I shouldn't get the coverage. I just want to hear some deals that people have gotten or what has been paid for it. if any one knows any dealers with good deals I would love to know! any ways thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2016, 11:00 AM   #2
denrusso
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 xDrive28i

I brought my car into the dealer when it had 49k miles on it for it's last service covered by the maintenance plan. I was quoted a little over $2k for extending it by two years or 50,000 miles. I decided against it and plan on just bringing it into an indy shop from now on for regular routine maintenance.

I'm also interest to hear what some others have been quoted?

Thanks,
dr
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2016, 11:10 AM   #3
Pinewood
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 30d M sport LCI

I bought the maintenance package (5 year or 60k miles) in the UK on my 1 year old, BMW owned demonstrator for £680 GBP.
This is the basic one, not the extended one which covers wipers, oils etc
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 08:41 AM   #4
Peter_R
Air Vice Marshall
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 LCI xDrive 2.0i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinewood View Post
I bought the maintenance package (5 year or 60k miles) in the UK on my 1 year old, BMW owned demonstrator for £680 GBP.
This is the basic one, not the extended one which covers wipers, oils etc
I managed the full 5 years for £425 when I purchased my X3 xDrive30d M Sport when it was 11 months old.

Having said that, it is academic what purchasers quote as having paid for the maintenance package because it is all down to the dealer's margins and the deals that can be done at the point of sale.

Having been down this route several times with different vehicles (New and Approved Used Cars) it is all down to what the client and the dealer can come to an agreement on. By that I mean the dealer could have already made a high enough mark up on the sale or he needs to seal a deal to hit a monthly target, so he may throw the package in for nothing (£0..$0) and adjust the rest of the package to show a different price.

Original Poster.....Naturally it could all be different across the "Pond" in the US.

Last edited by Peter_R; 04-27-2016 at 08:43 AM.. Reason: Additional last line.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 09:55 AM   #5
Pinewood
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 30d M sport LCI

I saw the price on the bmw system (old mainframe textl, so i knew he wasn't trying it on. I bargained hard on the price and gave him an offer plus maint package. The dealer must get a kickback from BMW as the dealer principle jumped at my offer after salesman and I reached a stalemate.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 11:25 AM   #6
Peter_R
Air Vice Marshall
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 LCI xDrive 2.0i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinewood View Post
I saw the price on the bmw system (old mainframe textl, so i knew he wasn't trying it on. I bargained hard on the price and gave him an offer plus maint package. The dealer must get a kickback from BMW as the dealer principle jumped at my offer after salesman and I reached a stalemate.
To be honest it matters little. I have a family friend (no name given because he comes from our village) who is THE sales manager for a BMW garage who has always said there is so much flexibility when purchasing a car, that they can massage the figures as much as they wish. There are times as we all know that they will take a very small margin to reach a sales target.

Another garage that is only 8 miles from me has been taken over by new owners who are already a BMW franchise and they have reduced their margins to increase the turnover. It is working. Hence my deal that included other things including top price for my F31 320d Sport that I traded in.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 11:38 PM   #7
city1991
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 535i x drive F10

I'm curious as well because I've gotten 2 different prices from 2 different bmw dealerships. You'd think they would be the same.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 11:58 PM   #8
happy_chrissy
Rookie
Rep
Drives: 2015' X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by city1991 View Post
I'm curious as well because I've gotten 2 different prices from 2 different bmw dealerships. You'd think they would be the same.
No, they are not going to be the same. I had contacted over 5 dealers and all different prices! I wonder if I wanted to buy the extended maintenance plan not warranty plan right now, would I be getting the same items covered currently or would they change it to what is covered on the 2017 plan. I heard that they are removing items on the 2017 plan.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2016, 02:56 PM   #9
denrusso
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by city1991 View Post

And what were the quotes??

Thanks,
dr
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2016, 05:51 PM   #10
morphomeman
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235ix

Garage List
2016 BMW X3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M235ix  [0.00]
Many extended maintenance plans are third-party. Hence the wide variation in price and coverage. Best advice: do not buy one until the standard plan is about to expire on account of either mileage or time. Any earlier and the dealer is likely to try to overcharge you.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 09:44 AM   #11
denrusso
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphomeman View Post
Many extended maintenance plans are third-party. Hence the wide variation in price and coverage. Best advice: do not buy one until the standard plan is about to expire on account of either mileage or time. Any earlier and the dealer is likely to try to overcharge you.
Is this correct? I know there are many third-party warranty providers, but didn't know there were third-party maintenance plan providers. How would this work? Every time I replace my wipers or complete an oil change would I need to submit receipts in order to get reimbursed or will the dealer contact the third-party directly? Would I also not be limited to taking my car to a dealer?

Interesting...

Thanks,
dr
Appreciate 0