BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-25-2012, 07:44 AM   #1
Pugger
Second Lieutenant
Wales
Rep
Drives: 4 GC 2.8i MSport

Downloading music from the glovebox USB to the HD

OK, I'm sure i'm doing something stupid, but when I connect my USB pen drive to the USB in the glove box the car does not reconsie there's an USB device plugged in. The USB pen drive I have has a LED on it and this is lit when I plug it in but the IDRIVE indicates that nothing is conected to USB. All I have on the drive is music in WMA format. Is the file format the problem? The same pen drive loads and plays the music perfectly from the centre console but I can't dowload it from that USB.

Last edited by Pugger; 07-25-2012 at 09:05 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 09:23 AM   #2
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Can't remember the exact menu option but I assume you know there is a specific menu somewhere (under settings??) for uploading to your HDD's Music Collection. I think the USB drive needs to be formatted as FAT32 rather than NTFS so try reformatting the USB drive as FAT32 if it isn't already

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 09:34 AM   #3
Pugger
Second Lieutenant
Wales
Rep
Drives: 4 GC 2.8i MSport

Cheers Sfax, I will give it a go this evening. Had the X3 just over a year now, would you believe. Still very happy with it, but have started to save up for my retirement Car, which will be an M3 convertible. I'm 47 and plan to retire at 65!!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 09:41 AM   #4
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
Cheers Sfax, I will give it a go this evening. Had the X3 just over a year now, would you believe. Still very happy with it, but have started to save up for my retirement Car, which will be an M3 convertible. I'm 47 and plan to retire at 65!!
You have long way to go for retirement, there would be many more new types of cars in the market, possibly all electric, is it not too early to decide on M3?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 11:51 AM   #5
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
- mine's 18 months old now. No retirement car planned yet but I like your thinking on the M3 fund

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0