BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-06-2011, 02:44 PM   #23
Radioactive
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X3 28i '10 535i '04 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier219 View Post
Stoner's invisble glass cleaner does a great job in my experience. Prior to that, I always used windex with no complaints. Use one wad of paper towels to spread and clean, and then a second new wad to clean and polish (that's the only way to avoid streaks).

Stoner makes a wand tool with an articulated triangular head that is a lot easier to use on sports cars, and I now use it on all our vehicles. I spray cleaner on the windshield, use the standard fabric pad to spread it and clean, then quickly pull on the microfiber pad to dry and buff. Works great, and makes the whole job a lot easier since you don't have to contort yourself for awkward angles and hard to reach places.
I've used Windex for years. But on my last car the windows justed didn't seem to cleanup like previous cars. So I changed to Stoner's Invisble Glass. At first the windows were invisible between all the streaks. Learned that the microcloths I was using had been washed with fabric softner. Changed that, and they came out crystal clear. I've been using Stoner's since day one on the X3 with great results.
Appreciate 0