BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-03-2012, 04:49 PM   #1
DGDuerr
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X3 28i

2012 X3 Office & BB Bold 9650 Issue

All,
I have had my 2012 X3 with the Technology pkg (includes "Office") since Nov 2011, and configured my BB 9650 to work with my X3 without issues, until a couple of days ago. Keep in mind that BMW does not document that you will need an additional application for the BB called "Bluetooth Calendar Sync" for full functionality as they describe on their web site (and the sales brochure). When my BB and Office worked properly I could see all incoming mail, tasks, calendar items, and have the system read my email to me, when asked. I don't know why it changed, but it did.... I no longer see any email messages, tasks or calendar entries, the bluetooth hands free seems to work fine. I have unpaired and re-paired the phone and the vehicle, uninstalled the "Bluetooth Calendar Sync" and reinstalled, cold booted the phone, to no avail. BMW is of NO assistance, and they did not even know that "Bluetooth Calendar Sync" was necessary.......very frustrating.

Any technology people have any suggestions, or perhaps other BB 9650 owners with a duplicate issue?

I cannot believe that BMW does not dedicate someone to provide a minimum amount of support on these issues, since they tout these technology features as major selling points in their brochures.

I cannot be the only person with a Verizon BB 9650 and the 2011/12 X3 with Tech package, correct?

Help!
      02-03-2012, 05:25 PM   #2
Fryguy29
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDuerr View Post
I cannot be the only person with a Verizon BB 9650 and the 2011/12 X3 with Tech package, correct?
Given how well Blackberry has done lately, I would not necessarily make that assumption...
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 12:25 PM   #3
DGDuerr
United_States
Rep

Thank for the reply.

Under services I have:
Handsfree
A/V Remote Control
Audio Sink
Message Notification

listed in exactly, and spelled exactly as above. I have no idea what the A/V Remote Control and Audio Sink entries are about, and I cannot seem to remove them.

I have completely redone my cell phone, wiped the entire phone, reinstalled everything, and the results are the same. I am baffled. I know that this sounds stupid, but the vehicle is a major disadvantage to me if I cannot take advantage of the functionality that I once had....I use this stuff for work, I'd hate to think that I'd have to sell it can get a Ford with Sync, yuck!!!

HELP!
      02-04-2012, 04:26 PM   #4
mibmwx3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioactive View Post
My lists under Services, Handsfree and Message Notification.
Mine only lists Handsfree. How do you add Message Notification?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2012, 10:28 AM   #5
MattUK
Captain Unsensible
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 M240i Coupe - Estoril

Garage List
2016 BMW M240i  [0.00]
Have you applied the updated firmware for the bluetooth? or have you changed firmware on your blackberry?

My currently didn't work correctly until I applied the latest firmware to the car
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2012, 10:55 AM   #6
rgx3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 xDrive 35i

Sorry I can't help you but ..................

what cradle did you buy? I was told by the dealer that BMW didn't have a cradle to work with the 9650 bold. I agree with your comment about having tech support for these features since they do use them as a selling point for the car and it's very frustrating when those feature don't work.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2012, 05:40 PM   #7
DGDuerr
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgx3 View Post
what cradle did you buy? I was told by the dealer that BMW didn't have a cradle to work with the 9650 bold. I agree with your comment about having tech support for these features since they do use them as a selling point for the car and it's very frustrating when those feature don't work.
RGX, I could not purchase a cradle...was not available....I was able to resolve the issue by unpairing, powering down my blackberry, removing the blackberry battery, putting the battery back in, and powering up. The pairing must be done with the motor running (according the BMW). I uninstalled and reinstalled the calendar/task sync software too. Once I get it running again, I am not changing anything!!!! A major reason for me purchasing the car was the "Office" connectivity features and built in navi system. I am hoping that BMW will make an effort to offer upgrades regarding software/firmware that will allow this system to keep current with technology.....