BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-14-2012, 09:28 PM   #1
adamandmikah
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 28i

Garage List
2012 BMW X3 28i  [0.00]
Lunging from park

Hey all...

My 28i is pretty much brand new (860 mi) and I have been noticing a couple things. All of these are going to get looked at next week at the dealer, but I wanted to ask a couple of questions before I went down there.

1. I am having some major hesitation moving from a stop. I realize this isn't a new thing and has already been discussed on here a lot. I know using DS mode helps it a bit, but mine seems worse than normal. I talked to the service manager today and he said he is aware of some people having the issue but there aren't any official responses yet. He will take a look at it next week. I'll keep you updated with what he says.

2. 2nd transmission issue: when I am in park and move it into drive, I can feel a thud and the car "lunges" a bit. (I use quotes because the car isn't actually moving). It makes a loud noise though. It doesn't happen every time though. The service manager said they are well aware of this problem and it is "usually caused by a fault in the transmission valve body". He said they have a fix for it and it shouldn't be a problem. He said this registers a fault so they will be able to see it. Now, I am completely non mechanical, but I'm trying to learn. So...can you teach me? What is causing that problem? And what is a transmission valve body?

I'm a bit concerned because it appears I have 2 transmission issues in the first 2 weeks!

The last problem was that the rear upper speaker cover was dented! We didn't notice it during our delivery. They ordered the replacement and it shipped from Germany today. I'll have the other things looked at when I bring it in to get replaced.

Thanks everyone!

2013 328i - Mineral Grey, Dakota Black, Technology Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Rear Sunshades
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 09:35 PM   #2
bren
user
Rep
Drives: German Camaro

If the ecu/valve body are out of whack it could cause both of those issues.
Appreciate 0