BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-20-2011, 02:03 AM   #23
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanWindebank View Post
Thanks for all of the info everyone, it is appreciated. I am only now starting to look at how to get my music collection in to the car and I was sad to hear my FLAC files wouldn't work and now can confirm that converting them to lossless AAC also does not work.

Is MP3 the best bet? Anyone have any suggestions for what they are using? I will be running of a USB key.
I use mp3 at 240. If you can hear the difference between that and lossless in a car stereo, I'd be surprised. It also keeps the file sizes down so I can get pretty much my entire collection on a 32GB USB key.

If you must have lossless, you can rip to lossless wma or lossless wav and they will both work

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2011, 02:16 AM   #24
JordanWindebank
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive 20d (2011)

Definitely no way I could imagine lossless being useful in the car, was more looking to avoid re-encoding my entire library. Will try some tests on the weekend with 240 vs 320 mp3's and see if I can hear a difference.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2011, 05:14 AM   #25
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanWindebank View Post
Definitely no way I could imagine lossless being useful in the car, was more looking to avoid re-encoding my entire library. Will try some tests on the weekend with 240 vs 320 mp3's and see if I can hear a difference.
AAC 256VBR I found is the point where I can't tell the difference. However, since you have to re code them anyway, you might as well go with 320vbr .
Appreciate 0