BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-27-2017, 01:36 PM   #1
Greg2010
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X1 sDrive28i

BMW Track Days at Summit Point

Just got back from spending the morning at Summit Point Raceway (WV) where BMW hosted a Track Day event (somehow I was one of ~40-50 other lucky drivers that received an invitation from BMW).

Having previously owned an E92 335 (long gone now but sorely missed) and the current owner of an X3 these past 5 years, I had not driven many of the "newer" 2,3,4 and 5 M-performance series BMW cars. So this was my chance.

The M2 was the perfect car on the auto-cross coarse, just enough power through the twisty's, good acceleration and not bad braking.

We then moved over to the race course part of the track and took several high speed laps (4 cars in driving series, including an instructor leading the pack with a radio to instruct us through the course) with the 3, 4, 5 series M-performance cars. To my surprise, the 340 m-performance sedan performed exceptional (the 4 series performance sedan also performed very well....but the 5 series seemed too heavy for this kind of driving).

My final lap was as a passenger with an instructor who eased through the course at amazing speed, grace and precision....capping off a wonderful morning and putting us all to shame!

A truly unforgettable experience. Hanging out with some very talented driving instructors, testing out some amazing cars, and having the opportunity to meet with other BMW enthusiast.

Hats-off to BMW for hosting this event. A+++++.

Well done!

SOLD - 2013 X3 35i l BSM l MSport l DHP l Premium l Sound l Tech l CW/CWII l Apps l 35% Tint

SOLD - 2010 E92 335 X-drive l BSM l MSport l Steptronic l Premium l CW l Logic 7 l Confort l Nav l KW-V1s l 35% Tint
Appreciate 1
Polo088161610.00
      07-28-2017, 11:56 AM   #2
exon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 X3 35i Jet Black!

Sat next to an instructor on a different BMW event as he blast through the autocross....it was eye openning (and scary as hell initially) how fast these Pros are....
Appreciate 0