BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-13-2015, 12:46 PM   #23
The X Men
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mge.92 View Post
I have a trick for when you place it into auto. When the auto mode has a mind of its own, change the sensitivity when it is auto by going from one extreme to the other and back on the sensitivity scroll and then set it to where you want it and that fixes it all the time.
That only works for a little while until it acts up again. In my opinion, the rain sensing wiper technology is not ready for prime time. If a system only work 50% of the time, it needs work. I like the option I had on my Audi A6 which let the driver select rather to use rain sensing wiper or time intermittent wiper, of course I always had it on intermittent.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 05:34 AM   #24
plymjack
Nuclear Chief of the Watch
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 (F25) 2.0D, i3 BEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadman50 View Post
I've always thought the wipers on automatic had a mind of their own. Sometimes for no apparent reason they would start swiping super fast and finally slow down but sometimes I had to take them off automatic and it sort of reset the wiper brains.
+1 same here ..
Sony QX10 & GoPro Hero 3
Appreciate 0