BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-07-2015, 12:34 PM   #1
bagekko
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lots of BMWs

Garage List
2018 M4 Vert  [0.00]
2006 Z4M Roadster  [0.00]
1995 540i  [0.00]
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2019 i3 Rex  [0.00]
2021 X7 40i MSport  [0.00]
DSC, xDrive, Chassis, Steering, & Cruise Control Malfunction all at once!

On our 2011 X3 2.8 it started throwing tons of errors; Cruise Control Malfunction, Steering Response Malfunction, DSC & xDrive Malfunction, and Chassis Stabilization Malfunction. So far this only occurred on 2 days, both days it was raining, has not happened in any other conditions. It goes into a safety mode and geez steering is tough in that mode.

Its currently at the dealer and they cant get the errors to pop and initial analysis has not determined the cause. They opened a PUMA? with BMW for help.

By chance has anyone else had these symptoms in the rain? The holidays have past, I dont need my dash light up like a xmas tree LOL. Thankfully its under CPO still.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2015, 01:59 PM   #2
fx03ok
Rep
Drives: 2012 x3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagekko
On our 2011 X3 2.8 it started throwing tons of errors; Cruise Control Malfunction, Steering Response Malfunction, DSC & xDrive Malfunction, and Chassis Stabilization Malfunction. So far this only occurred on 2 days, both days it was raining, has not happened in any other conditions. It goes into a safety mode and geez steering is tough in that mode.

Its currently at the dealer and they cant get the errors to pop and initial analysis has not determined the cause. They opened a PUMA? with BMW for help.

By chance has anyone else had these symptoms in the rain? The holidays have past, I dont need my dash light up like a xmas tree LOL. Thankfully its under CPO still.
I was driving in some nasty wet and snowy weather about 3 weeks ago. Had a slew of warnings go off while on freeway. Chassis destabilization, transmission failure, parking brake failure etc etc. took it into bmw and all the faults were found via the key fob memory.

Correction was on a recall part called "Integrated Module". Apparently this part would allow condensation to build inside the house causing faults.

All good now!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 12:32 PM   #3
bagekko
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lots of BMWs

Garage List
2018 M4 Vert  [0.00]
2006 Z4M Roadster  [0.00]
1995 540i  [0.00]
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2019 i3 Rex  [0.00]
2021 X7 40i MSport  [0.00]
Getting the X3 back soon. They determined that the steering rack needed to be replaced. After doing that they tried to reprogram the car, had issues, now replacing a module. Wonder if its the same one you mentioned. Thankfully its all covered under CPO.

Not sure why a new steering rack needs car reprogram. Is that how cars are nowadays. What would you do if DIY replacement... This stuff should be plug and play...
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 10:45 AM   #4
Gouda
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

Garage List
2011 BMW X3 35i  [0.00]
Similar issue

Twice we have had a similar issue, three days ago and last August before that. In our case the whole car went goofy. Wipers started and would not stop, lights did not work, then went on no matter the settings, I drive died, sound system died, dash went blank, locks failed, and more. Most recent fail, the car would not start either, althought it did finally start after I disconnected battery and reconnected it. Roadside assist had it towed in to the nearest dealer 120 miles away both times. First time the. Dealer stated it some how lost all the coding. This time they think the CAS module failed. I am not sure they really know. But, they were able confirm that it did happen as I described. Weather was different each time and it was not raining either time. Not happy about this to say the least. Part has to come from Who knows where, 4 days to get it. Oh well at least they will do the VANOS recall at the same time.

08 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited for the OHV park.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2021, 08:38 PM   #5
fly169
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2015

Power distribution box error

It caused by Chinese power distribution/fuse box. It has to be replaced. What a lousy quality!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2021, 12:40 AM   #6
Wgosma
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F25 X3 28i (N52)

This winter I had 2 instances of chassis/DSC/steering and cruise control errors....30F temps

One time shut motor off and restarted, all good. Next time that did not work, cleared codes with BimmerLink, all ok and never occurred again. that 2nd time the steering seemed to lose it's power assist, that was the only driveability issue. never recorded again.

Very odd behavior and can't explain it 🙄
Appreciate 0