BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-03-2016, 12:30 PM   #1
xdriv3
Private
Rep
Drives: X3

Email notification for service?

Hey all,

I got an email from teleservice to bring my car in service. It doesn't specify what though. My car is ~13600 right now. I had it in for the 10k service back in Sept. On the dash at each startup, it still says 6k to go before next service. But now I get this email...

I went into vehicle status to see if there are any issues, but nothing. The only thing I set into the maintenance reminder is vehicle inspection due in 1/2016. Would that reminder actually trigger an email alert from the BMW servers? On one of the BMW dealers, they actually show that there is a 15k CBS Maintenance. Any ideas if I can find out what this email alert is for?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2016, 09:33 AM   #2
double_j
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 JB/B E90 M3

I usually disregard the service emails and trust the OBC messages. I've gotten really delayed service emails in the past or have received emails based on how many miles the dealer thinks my car may have on it (that is, messages not triggered by the OBC readout but only by the dealership's projection of my approximate mileage).

I don't think there's a feedback mechanism to close the loop to let the dealer/BMW assist know that you've already gotten the service. From their end, the extra email costs them nothing and the worst that will happen is someone will go in for an unnecessary service visit for a potential upsell.
Appreciate 0