BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-09-2017, 10:00 AM   #1
philtrick123
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TBA

LCI Questions- Ticking Noise from dash + RDC

Hi all,
Just replaced my 2012 3.0d SE with a late 2015 3.0d X-line Space Grey.
Lovely car.... but.....
1- Having been on the forum a while back I remember someone saying that the faint ticking noise from around the windscreen wiper area had been resolved on the LCI.
I went out today, and could hear the noise again .I noticed another thread about wiper 'chatter'. I turned on the wipers and while the wiper was mid sweep the ticking noise was still there- which says to me there's still an issue. Is there a 'mod' or official fix for this. Again from memory the previous fix seemed to involved some Velcro strip under the wiper area panel? Would the dealer do this for me- FOC?

2- Also I have some winter wheels that I used on my LCI X3- do I need to get some pressure sensor modules installed on these, or can I run the car without them, and just ignore the pressure warnings.

Any idea on cost in the UK to the RDC module modules fitted? Do they need to be coded to the car- or is it a user change?

FYI- also noticed no service book with the car. It's got 15,000 on it and it still hasn't had a service yet???
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2017, 11:54 AM   #2
philtrick123
Lieutenant
Rep

Found the original post about the ticking noise...
http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showth...t=noise&page=3
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2017, 08:57 AM   #3
philtrick123
Lieutenant
Rep

FYI- I completed the mod as detailed in the thread above. Takes <10 mins to complete. I'll see if it kills the noise over the next couple of weeks.
Appreciate 0