BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-30-2016, 02:03 PM   #1
pat_03
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i

F25 Seatbelt Coding HELP

Here is what I have been playing with in an attempt to remove all gongs but maintain the status indicator in the dash, I've not been able to accomplish this as yet --> all in the ASCM Module:

Initialwarnung_GWF_IW
SeatBeltReminder_SBR_Beifahrer
SeatBeltReminder_SBR_Fahrer
SBR_PreWarning_Beifahrer
SBR_PreWarning_Fahrer
Gurtzustandsanzeige_Beifahrer_GWF_GZA_BF
Gurtzustandsanzeige_Fahrer_GWF_GZA_FA

If you set them all to Nicht_Aktiv, you will get no Gongs and no indicators whatsoever.
From the various things I have read, the bottom 2 codes from above are meant to be for the status indicators and the other 5 for the various gongs. The first code (initial warning) seems to be the key, but appears to control both the initial 3 reminder gongs when the car is turned on, and also the status indicator. If I set it to Nicht_Aktiv, both the gongs and the indicator go away, when I set it to aktiv, they both come back.

What exactly do the bottom 2 do, and what is SBR_PreWarning for? The 2nd 2 appear to work as described to remove the gong when a seatbelt is not on whilst the car is in motion

Does anyone know the trick to get the initial gongs to go away but for the indicator light to stay on in the dash?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2016, 06:06 PM   #2
pat_03
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat_03 View Post
Here is what I have been playing with in an attempt to remove all gongs but maintain the status indicator in the dash, I've not been able to accomplish this as yet --> all in the ASCM Module:

Initialwarnung_GWF_IW
SeatBeltReminder_SBR_Beifahrer
SeatBeltReminder_SBR_Fahrer
SBR_PreWarning_Beifahrer
SBR_PreWarning_Fahrer
Gurtzustandsanzeige_Beifahrer_GWF_GZA_BF
Gurtzustandsanzeige_Fahrer_GWF_GZA_FA

If you set them all to Nicht_Aktiv, you will get no Gongs and no indicators whatsoever.
From the various things I have read, the bottom 2 codes from above are meant to be for the status indicators and the other 5 for the various gongs. The first code (initial warning) seems to be the key, but appears to control both the initial 3 reminder gongs when the car is turned on, and also the status indicator. If I set it to Nicht_Aktiv, both the gongs and the indicator go away, when I set it to aktiv, they both come back.

What exactly do the bottom 2 do, and what is SBR_PreWarning for? The 2nd 2 appear to work as described to remove the gong when a seatbelt is not on whilst the car is in motion

Does anyone know the trick to get the initial gongs to go away but for the indicator light to stay on in the dash?

From what I can tell, there is pretty much no way to do exactly what I want... which is simply no seat belt sounds ever, but for the status light to show if the driver or passenger isn't wearing the belt. I tried every possible combination, coding one at a time etc... the best I could come up with was to turn the pre warnings and initial warning off, leave the seatbelt reminders on but change the time from 90 seconds to 1 second. I haven't test the driving time yet but so far it's the only combo that has the status light working for both seats, but no Gongs as yet. When The Seat Belt Reminder for the passenger is turned off, the light will never work with the passenger seat, only the driver. The whole thing was quite frustrating
Appreciate 0