BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-18-2011, 10:32 AM   #1
tarw24
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3 M Sport 3.0

Question i phone 4 connectivity

Hi All

Having just taken delivery of my new X3, I have connected my iphone 4 on the bluetooth which was quite simple and copied all the phone book etc...
However the stupid thing will not automatically reconnect!
I have just updated the iphone software to the latest version; it is attached via an integral cradle.
The phone will reconnect if I turn off the bluetooth and turn it back on again?
I have vsiited various blogs on the internet today and tried all the hints and tips to no avail. Oh and before the barrage of blaming the car it works fine with 2 different Nokias!

Any help please?

Thanks

By the way the 3.0 M Sport is awesome.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2011, 01:49 PM   #2
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Does it reconnect if you don't use the cradle? Do you mean connected for Bluetooth calls only or connected for BT audio and BT calls?

I lose BT audio if I connect the USB to my iPhone 4 but iDrive warns me if this will happen. Other than that no connection problems at all with two paired iPhone 4s, both on latest version (4.3.3). Previous iPhone 3Gs had no problems too

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2011, 06:53 AM   #3
tarw24
Registered
Rep

Question i phone 4

Hi thx for the info.

no it does not connect out of the cradle.

I hve reset the phone and it logged on first time but now it does not connect unless I turn off the bluetooth on the phone then turn back on?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2011, 09:02 AM   #4
fedinand
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X3, '11 GTI

Are you using the same key fob? Almost sounds like the profiles were switched and you are starting the car and it is not on your profile?
      07-20-2011, 03:22 PM   #5
tarw24
Registered
Rep

i phone 4 still an issue

Iam still experiencing problems.

I have run out of ideas and the dealers are just scratching their heads.

The car recognisies the iphone but will not connect automaticaly. Yes I am usign the same key fob. I ahve also tried the spare.

This is with or without the cradle. By the way the cradle is basically just an expensive car charger with an aerial!!! It has no other function I can find?

Like I have said other phones seem to be ok; so I think it is down to chaging out for a Blackberry which seems to work and ID the office etc...

Anyway thanks for the forum etc...

Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 03:46 PM   #6
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Apologies, I missed your initial reply. I'm scratching my head too I'm afraid. If you haven't, have a quick look at this thread on Buetooth audio.

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=536121

I'm sure you have already, but just in case, try changing the PIN to 0000, getting latest iPhone software, "forgetting the device" and re-adding. Do all this when not connected or in cradle.

The cradle is an expensive car charger without an aerial in my case as it makes no difference at all to the signal! I like it though because it does free up the USB socket, means no cable flapping around and it's somewhere to hold the phone. And I'll get the aerial checked.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0