BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-14-2011, 05:40 PM   #1
Steven40
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0d F25

turbo problems ?

Today I went to the garage and it seems there's a problem with the turbo (2.0 diesel) after 5000 km (3100 miles).
When you go of the accelerator, it does tststststststststststs !
So in a few weeks they have to change the turbo and egr-valve.
Also I'm waiting a long time to change the whole steering mechanism (to much backlash), recently there's a stronger one available.
The "clunk" from the brake in reverse is another subject and the rear right window creaks.
They need the car for a whole week to fix everything !
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2011, 12:13 AM   #2
DJ Daddy-O
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMX X3 F25 2011

I had a creak from the left c pillar. They "fixed" it with some Teflon tape and lubricant but it has returned. I have actually pinned it down to where the c pillar trim meets the parcel cover receptor. Gonna have a go at this tomorrow myself.

Let me know if they manage to fix the brake as they didn't manage to fix mine last time.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2011, 12:57 AM   #3
coiken
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Steven, you must have the worst possible luck ever with your new X3! How many issues did you have so far?
Are there any laws in Belgium similar to the American Lemon laws to protect us against this kind of sh*t?
How is the garage acting on all this? Could I ask you where you bought your car?

I'm going to pickup my 30D on monday, I'm looking forward to the 6.2 seconds sprint to 100 km/h but at the same time i'm super afraid to have this same type of issues as you :-(
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2011, 03:21 AM   #4
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

what a bummer.....
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2011, 07:52 AM   #5
Steven40
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0d F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by coiken View Post
Steven, you must have the worst possible luck ever with your new X3! How many issues did you have so far?
Are there any laws in Belgium similar to the American Lemon laws to protect us against this kind of sh*t?
How is the garage acting on all this? Could I ask you where you bought your car?

I'm going to pickup my 30D on monday, I'm looking forward to the 6.2 seconds sprint to 100 km/h but at the same time i'm super afraid to have this same type of issues as you :-(
I think 5 (turbo and egr-valve, steering mechanism, brakes, window and tires).

I don't know if lemon laws exist in Europe, I think when you have a bad car you have to bite through the sour "apple" and hope they can fix everything !

My garage is Monserez in Kortrijk, a good garage because they want a satisfied client and will do all the possible they can.
Appreciate 0