BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-16-2011, 03:44 AM   #23
clivem2
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
This is way off topic but can I wade into the jeans debate and say that when not wearing a suit I am wearing jeans almost exclusively. Like a mug I buy a lot of expensive Diesel jeans and I would say there must be more jeans sold in the UK now than there has ever been in the past.

Oyster looks fantastic but requires extra cleaning and care. If you're happy to spend the time keeping it looking good then go for it.
Jeans or blue jeans? It's the blue I see much less of in the UK vs the US. Blue is probably equal in the number to each of the other typical colours here whereas in the US blue is predominant. The point is not to debate the market share of blue jeans! Rather I'm trying to make the point that stains from blue jeans could be more of an issue in the US.
      06-16-2011, 03:54 AM   #24
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by clivem2 View Post
Jeans or blue jeans? It's the blue I see much less of in the UK vs the US. Blue is probably equal in the number to each of the other typical colours here whereas in the US blue is predominant. The point is not to debate the market share of blue jeans! Rather I'm trying to make the point that stains from blue jeans could be more of an issue in the US.
All shades of blue. I never buy black or any other colour (and I'm not on a wind up!)

Look at Diesel's website. Blue blue blue.

http://store.diesel.com/denim/search...alse/viewall/1

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2011, 04:01 AM   #25
clivem2
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
All shades of blue. I never buy black or any other colour (and I'm not on a wind up!)

Look at Diesel's website. Blue blue blue.

http://store.diesel.com/denim/search...alse/viewall/1
You got it bad. Going for a diesel X3 is about as far as I'm prepared to go. Good to see 3.0D write-ups trickling out. Yes, mine will have Oyster seats and any blue jeans will only be worn by passengers!
      07-13-2011, 12:52 AM   #26
Beyu
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Today I spilled some coffee on my driver's seat and I'm extremely glad that I went with black leather instead of a lighter color. After soaking up the coffee I took a damp piece of paper to wipe off the seat and was surprised to see that it was stained blue. I then tried to wipe the back of the seat to try and determine if it was the leather itself but found that the paper only turned blue where I sat.

To conclude I was really surprised to see that the damp piece of paper that I used to wipe the driver's seat turned blue. Previous to spilling coffee on the seat there were no indications that my leather was dirty or discolored by jeans.

I'm not sure if jeans are that popular in the UK but for folks in the US try wiping your seats even if they aren't dirty or discolored, you might be surprised how they really look.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 03:56 AM   #27
acey81
First Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 40d M-sport; F80 M3

It does stain and attract a lot of dirt. The dealers demo has to be cleaned daily ( and still didn't look good when I drove it ) and that was the reason I didnt go for oyster. It looks stunning (when new). After a while the stitching gets dirty and that is very difficult to get clean.

I dont have the time, especially with small kids.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 05:08 AM   #28
JBG
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012X3 35i, 2018 X3 30i

With just 3 weeks with the oyster, I don't have any dirt/smudges, but expect I'll acquire a few. I should think it depends on how you use the vehicle. For me, I'm a single driver most of the time and commuting. if I were a gardener, home depot maven, or used the car as a restaurant, black would have been my choice. A good guideline might be: What does your current car look like inside? Chances are after 6 months your X will look similar. One of these days I'm going to spill a full mug of coffee in that car or break down and eat ribs on the way home. I expect that's a ticket for some serious mess. The whole car was an emotional choice for me, in part based upon manufactured rationale. So I got what I wanted and am willing to suffer the unintended consequences!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 11:57 AM   #29
gauthier
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X3 20d / K1200S

I have Oyster in my X1. I have it for two years now. It's very easy to clean, and you can use BMW-products which are very efficient. I just ordered an X3, with Oyster... no hesitation...
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 12:29 PM   #30
LesJBrown
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by northX3 View Post
Buy the BMW Leather care conditionner

I have Oyster interior and get a lot of "jeans stains" with the dye transfer... Takes 5 minutes every 2-3 weeks to get the interior back as OEM.

Of course, if you let the dirt "cake" in the seats, it will be more difficult !
May I ask what product(s) you use?
Appreciate 0