BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-23-2014, 09:28 AM   #1
plastus
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '19 M2 Competition

Tire Advice + Software Updates

Hi guys,

I have a '11 MY X3 35i with the M-Sport package which has the 245/45-19 tires front/rear. I've found a great replacement tire (RE960AS RFT) but it's backordered from Bridgestone. I think they're going to discontinue it seeing as how the RE970AS has already been out for some time. Unfortunately, there are no other high performance all-season run flat tires in this size. I've been reading up on other wheel sizes or possibly putting on 255's on the existing wheels but at that size there's not even one RFT available. For those that have replaced tires and/or wheels, what size did you go with?

I also want to perform any updates that are available for my car. Is the iDrive system upgradable at all or is the only thing that I can update the navigation system maps?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 02:34 PM   #2
mge92
SPEED RACER
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50d BMW M2 CS

For the idrive system, not much you can do apart from code, update maps, and install the latest bluetooth software. If you are willing to spend around 3000 + you can try and upgrade your idrive to nbt but its really tricky and some functions will not work afterwards.
Appreciate 0