BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-16-2011, 11:44 AM   #23
ScottX3
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3

If you are connected via Bluetooth audio what appears on the screen is: "Transfer of track information not supported" and the ability to skip forward or backward. Control of the iPod is still in the iPhone so after first scanning for cops you can put down your cheeseburger and change playlists etc on the iPhone. With the USB connection (either white cable or snap-in) control of the iPod is transferred to the BMW and Accessory Connected appears when the iPhone is in iPod mode. However with my snap-in I cannot actually hear the music that is playing.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 02:05 PM   #24
jijioben
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 F25 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4st3r_ITA View Post
but my wait remains sooooo long
From Italian to Italian... Lunga attesa ma massima soddisfazione. Guidare in Canada è rilassante, ma vuoi mettere le strade italiane? E non solo le autostrade che col tutor adesso ci vuole per forza una pausa caffè
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 02:52 PM   #25
M4st3r_ITA
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 f25 2.0d - ordered!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jijioben View Post
From Italian to Italian... Lunga attesa ma massima soddisfazione. Guidare in Canada è rilassante, ma vuoi mettere le strade italiane? E non solo le autostrade che col tutor adesso ci vuole per forza una pausa caffè
OT: Hehe, non ti dico che strano che è trovare in un forum americano, un canadese che parla italiano ..l'attesa è snervanteeee!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 03:07 PM   #26
perto
Private First Class
Norway
Rep
Drives: BMW I3S + IX40

Hey is it Luigi and Guido from Cars who has entered the forum? God luck in cars 2 and let's hope for some BMW X3 character.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 03:16 PM   #27
jijioben
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
OT: Hehe, non ti dico che strano che è trovare in un forum americano, un canadese che parla italiano ..l'attesa è snervanteeee!
Vivo in Canada, ma sono italiano (genovese, per la precisione) . Pensa che stavo per comprare il vecchio modello dell'X3... Ma quando ho letto quanto sarebbe cambiata la nuova, ho deciso di attendere: ho dovuto aspettare un anno e mezzo. Alla fine, ho prenotato a Novembre e ritirato a Marzo. Non so descrivere la felicità... Anche se prima ancora di consegnarmela, un cliente dell'autosalone me l'ha bocciata ed hanno dovuto cambiare il paraurti!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 03:17 PM   #28
jijioben
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by perto View Post
Hey is it Luigi and Guido from Cars who has entered the forum? God luck in cars 2 and let's hope for some BMW X3 character.
How'd you know? Though - we'd be all geared up for Ferrari then!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 03:24 PM   #29
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

This makes more sense to me than 6NF!

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 03:52 PM   #30
jijioben
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

BTW sorry for derailing the thread... I guess it's Italian exuberance.

I must say that the way that BMW communicates with my iPhone is the main source of the few "meh" comments I have on the X3. The thing I like the least is that whenever I connect the phone via USB it disables the headphone part of the Bluetooth connection (but not the phone headset part) so I end up having to reconnect and rediscover the device, which is a hassle because it requires me to work on the phone and on the car at the same time.

However, if I do not use the USB connection and only use Bluetooth then the implementation is far better than Sync. Couple that with the user-assignable soft keys on the radio console and you've got a killer system.

It's like Frasier used to say: a perfect restaurant is a place where everything is top notch, except for a little nagging thing that you can complain about on your way home.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 03:30 PM   #31
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
@sfax: could you kindly take and post here a shoot of your armrest?
As requested.

1. iPhone 4 cradle
2. USB and AUX ports inside armrest *

* to take this photo I drank from a bottle labelled DRINK ME and climbed inside the armrest
Attached Images

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 02:34 AM   #32
M4st3r_ITA
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 f25 2.0d - ordered!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
As requested.

1. iPhone 4 cradle
2. USB and AUX ports inside armrest *
Thanks a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
* to take this photo I drank from a bottle labelled DRINK ME and climbed inside the armrest
Appreciate 0