BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-14-2012, 09:03 AM   #1959
QTPie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by swfrom07 View Post
Ta muchly QT. Werent you supposed to pick up the car over the weekend? For them to only inform you about the delay today isnt the best service tbh.. I would be fuming to say the least.
It surely cannot be the weather
Must be something similar to Horsey where it had to go all the way to Thorne and then back to your dealership.
Yes, well I assumed it would be ready this coming weekend when we were told that it was being delievered to the dealer today. Husband phoned on Monday and was told then, still.... I am not the most patient of people ( ) and was/am rather quite annoyed. Fortunately I am currently using a curtesy car (new 328i), so it isn't tooooooo bad.

Yes, I REALLY don't believe that it is "due to the weather". Whatever the reason is, blaming the weather seems rather lame.

QT
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 09:55 AM   #1960
swfrom07
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTPie View Post
Yes, well I assumed it would be ready this coming weekend when we were told that it was being delievered to the dealer today. Husband phoned on Monday and was told then, still.... I am not the most patient of people ( ) and was/am rather quite annoyed. Fortunately I am currently using a curtesy car (new 328i), so it isn't tooooooo bad.

Yes, I REALLY don't believe that it is "due to the weather". Whatever the reason is, blaming the weather seems rather lame.

QT
Even though our X3 is for me, there were times when I had to make sure the missus didnt pick up the phone and call the dealer as she too isnt the most patient at the best of times
But all is well now and I guess unlike me since you do have a courtesy car, its a bit more tolerable but can understand the frustration.

Try and get a few freebies while you wait
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 10:09 AM   #1961
SR40X3
Private
Rep
Drives: X3

At last eh! Swf....looks the business. Getting ours Saturday!
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 10:13 AM   #1962
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 35d MSport & 135i

PDF version of the Owner's Handbook for the 2013 F25 Petrol & Diesel Variants

It's taken me a while to get it, but in case anyone is interested ...
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 2013_X3_Series_F25_Handbook_04.12_iDrive.pdf (11.04 MB, 1773 views)
F25 X3 xDrive 35d M Sport Alpine White, Black Nevada Leather, Speed limit info, TV, Prof. Nav & Speakers, HUD, M Sport steering wheel, Sport gearbox, BMW Apps, Internet, VDC, Comfort with Powered boot, Hi-speed synch, VSS, Top View, Electric tow-bar, Heated steering, Storage, DAB, Heated electric seats, Moonroof, Adaptive High beam assist Xenons, Servotronic, Performance control, etc.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 10:23 AM   #1963
Cropwell
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d msport xdrive

Smile

Really chuffed- got e-mail from my dealer to say car is due to be delivered July 26th. I presume that this is the date in to them and car will need prepping prior to delivery so will be a few days later before handover.

Originally delivery quoted June 25th when ordered in mid March. Dealer mentioned that the delivery date could possibly come forward- not back I hope!. I presume that car is not yet built so there is some flexibility depending on production slots.

Have not had to wait so long for a car since I ordered an E39 528(a great car, way ahead of anything on the market at the time).

But looking on the bright side I could have been waiting a great deal longer if I had ordered the RR Evoque- experience with truly awful LR dealer put paid to that.

As an overall driving package I think the X3 is better(engines, emmissions and vastly superior performance) but still very disappointed with interior. Does not feel as special as Evoque or as well build as Q5 and nowhere as well put together as my 335d coupe.
There is some really shocking plastic on the front door pockets that should never be seen in a £40K car- BMW take note.

Looking forward to panoramic sunroof, if we get any sun in UK this summer !

Ordered X3 3.0d SE
Space Grey
Red Brown Nevada leather
Y Spoke 308
Sport Steering Wheel
Panoramic sunroof
Sport seats
Folding mirrors
DAB radio
Bluetooth
Service pack
Diesel
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 11:38 AM   #1964
vojak
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 Competition Xdrive

Picked mine up today, spent about 2 1/2 hours on the handover.
What can I say but WOW!
Everything in order. No cubby under the light switch but that was expected as per Horsey's experience (you apparently lose it if you spec speed limit display with extended storage) but no worries. The rest of the car is pure class.
Got almost home when I got a transmission fault come up and an advisory OK to drive but get to a BMW workshop for checks.
So back off to the dealer, very slowly as it felt like the clutch was slipping.
Apparently the car goes into a 'safe' mode.
Tech had it on the computer, but no fault found. Probably just a gremlin that reset.
Fingers crossed its nothing more than that. Dealer was great about it, no waiting and straight in.
Looking forward to tomorrow to clock some miles on it, but the forecast is atrocious so may not get round to photos just yet.
Cheers

Last edited by vojak; 06-14-2012 at 11:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 12:15 PM   #1965
SR40X3
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsey View Post
Fabulous Horsey thanks! Will spend time reading before Saturday.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 04:26 PM   #1966
gareth3685
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2.0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cropwell View Post

As an overall driving package I think the X3 is better(engines, emmissions and vastly superior performance) but still very disappointed with interior. Does not feel as special as Evoque or as well build as Q5 and nowhere as well put together as my 335d coupe.
There is some really shocking plastic on the front door pockets that should never be seen in a £40K car- BMW take note.
Completely agree on the interior. I really believe BMW have taken many short cuts with the X3. Interior build quality leaves a lot to be desired, the front door pockets are an infamous exampe however the standard front seats (leather) are pretty poor as is the rear plastic on the interior of the tailgate. The luggage cover is filmsy and the only thing it does well is rattle.

The last generation 1 series I had from the dealership whilst waiting for the X3 felt more premium than my X3 does.

I don't mean to be negative but I feel the latest corporate direction from BMW of diversifying into more markets and creating a broader range (a BMW for everyone) has given us models like the X3 which really for a 30k + car are simply not up to scratch in certain areas.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 02:24 AM   #1967
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F25 xDrive 20d M Sport

Well I finally saw my first F25 M-Sport on the roads yesterday. So if that was your Deep Sea Blue (debadged, so either a 30d or 35d) on the M5 around J7 at 2.30 yesterday, then hello! Had a private reg starting 111

I also saw an alpine white F25 on the M5 on the return journey, so all in all, a good F25 spotting trip.

Now, back to counting the days until mine arrives. About 10, I reckon......
      06-15-2012, 03:14 AM   #1968
swfrom07
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR40X3 View Post
At last eh! Swf....looks the business. Getting ours Saturday!
At last indeed SR40X3, its about time... having driven about 150 miles in the last 2 days, I can only say I love it !
Another 24 hours for you, I hope you enjoy it as much as I am.

Some bits that I have been impressed with (even though I do not have loads of options):
- There is hardly any body roll in the corners and as is the trademark of any BMW, it is very much a drivers car, though never expected it to be a 3 series, it still is better to drive than my previous Freelander 2.
- The ride on the standard 17 inch wheels on our roads in the UK is very smooth and comfortable
- I know I was skeptical about an auto having never owned one before, but the 8 speed is an absolute delight...
- Auto Hold is a clever feature and does mean you do not have to keep your foot on the brake if you are stuck in traffic.
- I know a lot of comments have been made about the Stop/Start feature and having had it in the Freelander 2 before, I am used to it. I somehow feel the X3's system is a tad bit better and more responsive.
- Integration with my Samsung Galaxy S2 did take a bit of time to get used to but I have managed to sort it out now...it is a bit tempramental. Dont know if this is down to the phone or the BMW integration.
- Bluetooth is basic with only access to the Phone book and no text or email integration. I presume you need the Pro Nav for that feature?
- The interior and exterior lighting is cool and very impressive.. I know its small details but they add to the premium feel of the car and of course the corona rings with the DRLs is a very nice touch.

Need to start planning our roadtrip to Europe
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 06:22 AM   #1969
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
You da man! Shall be reading this cover to cover (yes i am that sad!) between now and when my baby arrives!

Much appreciated Horsey
      06-15-2012, 02:30 PM   #1970
manutd123
Enlisted Member
England
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0d SE 2012 Auto (soon)

Got a phone call today from my dealer - my X3 has arrived into the UK!!!!

He says it will be with them for next Friday, 22nd and i can pick up the following Monday!

Awesome news.....can't wait!
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 02:58 PM   #1971
Bustofa
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 XDrive20D SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by swfrom07 View Post
I finally have the X3 and it is a beauty (atleast for me)

Having owned a Freelander 2 before the X3, I thought the Freelander 2 was quality but the X3 is that step further in terms of refinement and quality.

Luckily the sun has been shining since getting the car and I have been out and about for a few drives and spending loads of time in the car getting the car set up to my needs.

No complaints whatsoever so far
Congratulations. Looks good.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 04:09 PM   #1972
Ant Man
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Individual Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cropwell View Post
Really chuffed- got e-mail from my dealer to say car is due to be delivered July 26th. I
I was not impressed with the quality of the X3 compared to the E92 or my E46. The new 3 series (F30) is so much better, it's a shame BMW didn't feel the X3 would benefit from a better interior.

Craft shops sell rolls of sticky backed felt that could be applied to the door pockets.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 08:33 AM   #1973
SR40X3
Private
Rep

Ours is Here!

Collected ours today...here she is

Name:  IMG_0793.jpg
Views: 1303
Size:  83.0 KB
Name:  IMG_0796.jpg
Views: 1339
Size:  52.4 KB
Name:  IMG_0795.jpg
Views: 1324
Size:  79.0 KB
Name:  IMG_0794.jpg
Views: 1314
Size:  76.2 KB

Love the AutoH function, the stop / start works great but am used to that from my mini and the Auto box is fantastic...

The red/brown is much more subtle than it looks on the picture.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 09:59 AM   #1974
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Looking good SR40X3
      06-16-2012, 11:25 AM   #1975
QTPie
Private First Class
Rep

Really nice SR40X3. The AW does look nice
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 02:29 PM   #1976
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Congrats, AW rocks.

;-)
F25 X3 xDrive 35d M Sport Alpine White, Black Nevada Leather, Speed limit info, TV, Prof. Nav & Speakers, HUD, M Sport steering wheel, Sport gearbox, BMW Apps, Internet, VDC, Comfort with Powered boot, Hi-speed synch, VSS, Top View, Electric tow-bar, Heated steering, Storage, DAB, Heated electric seats, Moonroof, Adaptive High beam assist Xenons, Servotronic, Performance control, etc.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 02:52 PM   #1977
QTPie
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Congrats, AW rocks.

;-)
Almost wishing that I had gone for it now... Brave choice, but it does look good!

Said it before, but have to say it again, your blog is really great Horsey. Can't wait to see you add even more things to it (as you get more familiar with the car): it is a work of art.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 04:00 PM   #1978
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTPie
Can't wait to see you add even more things to it (as you get more familiar with the car): it is a work of art.
I am about to rant about 6NR and the bloody cradle.

I got my cradle today, and really Plugin is really not worth the hassle ... Yes you can watch video, but it doesn't zoom. Plugin does know about audio books and stuff, but for most people, having tried USB, cradle and Bluetooth ... I would probably do USB every time.

The new iPhone cradle has a built in fan, because of overheating, but you can't put your iPhone in when it's wearing a case.

I got myself a 30 pin iPod extension lead which I have plugged into the cradle and which I then plug in to the cased iPhone, but it all takes space.

The allows me to enjoy the best of USB with access to the external antenna which USB can't, but is it worth the faf?

Now I have done it its going to be marginally better than USB, but at quite a lot of extra cost.

I will probably never use 6NR and the fan from the modified cradle is going to bug me ...

... I need to find a flawed version which is pre fan.

6NR is only £100 so it's probably worth getting, but will you ever use it? ... More than likely, I won't!

P.S. Did I mention that Top View and reversing cam rocks!
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 05:24 PM   #1979
QTPie
Private First Class
Rep

Hi Horsey

Thanks for the recent musings - always helpful and interesting

When you plug the phone in using the cable into the cradle, do you get all of the the functionality that you get if you plug the phone directly into the cradle?

Presumably no was to get that functionality via cable only (and no cradle)?

QT
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 05:59 PM   #1980
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTPie
Hi Horsey

Thanks for the recent musings - always helpful and interesting

When you plug the phone in using the cable into the cradle, do you get all of the the functionality that you get if you plug the phone directly into the cradle?

Presumably no was to get that functionality via cable only (and no cradle)?

QT
I have the full 30 pin extension cable, so yes I get all the functions ... As far as I can tell.

I don't think you can get a cable that plugs into the BMW feature connector. The cradle has a circuit board, so I am assuming there is much more to the cradle than just a connection receptacle.
Appreciate 0