BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-12-2013, 10:57 AM   #1
Cropwell
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d msport xdrive

Rear light cluster Clips broken

Has anybody had any problems with the rear light cluster clips ?, mine have both broken and cluster is loose. Problem is on nearside cluster, there are two plastic clips which attach the cluster to the bodywork. The first clip broke a couple of months ago and now the other one has done the same.
Suspect that the problem is due to the air pressure when the tailgate is closed, could be that the bump stop is misaligned as have not yet had a problem with offside. There is no rubber between the plastic clip and metal to absorb vibration and there does not appear to be much damping when the tailgate is closed.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 08:21 AM   #2
Cropwell
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d msport xdrive

Update

Took car in for service last week. Spoke to one on the mechanics who told me this is quite a common problem. Were replaced under warranty.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 08:27 AM   #3
akhc
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 F25 xD2.0 SE Auto

I probably open the boot 2/3 times a day and have to say I'm none to gentle but so far (touch wood) had no problems with these clips. Might just be good luck so far but will probably be a little gentler in closing the boot from now on!