BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-06-2013, 02:36 PM   #45
WilliCO
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 535 xDrive MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterX5 View Post
Terrible interior if it's simply carried over from the X3. Not very upscale and it's competitor the Evoque will be far far more luxurious. I was keen but this would be a show stopper
But the only way this car happens at all is because most of it carries over from the X3. BMW would never have spend the R&D money to develop this car from the ground up, or even to give it a bespoke interior.
      10-06-2013, 08:24 PM   #46
cjwb1984
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW Z4 Sdrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Thanks but I believe that I never said that about the X4 , I said X4 is like the X6 based upon the sister SAV in this case the BMW X3. In almost every detail although the two maintain different characters with the X4 being the more sportier option.
Some may say it is cost cutting , but it actually allows extended budget for the engineering in order to make the car more dynamic than the X3.

The X4 is coming at the best possible time. The premium SUV market in the compact and entry segments are growing and the X4 is a downsized model of the larger BMW X6 offering customers X6 style and purpose but in a new segment and lower cost.
The X4 is significant because it will be a license to print money, the only other manufacturer with a competitor is Porsche and the upcoming Macan and once again our main competitors are far behind.
I know I wasn't hallucinating when I stated that I read it somewhere in this forum. Although my memory is not the greatest, the interior was one main aspect I was curious about regarding the X4 when it was first rumored.

"The interior of the X4 will receive a modern contemporary interior of current BMW standards including revised upper dashboard to incorporate a floating flat screen monitor. Seating will accommodate five passengers with optional seating for four."

Regardless, the X4 did piqued my interest. So we'll see how the final exterior translates into production.

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=724583

To Scott26, this no way an attack on your character or valid insights in this community just providing validity on my previous statement. Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2013, 08:43 AM   #47
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjwb1984 View Post
I know I wasn't hallucinating when I stated that I read it somewhere in this forum. Although my memory is not the greatest, the interior was one main aspect I was curious about regarding the X4 when it was first rumored.

"The interior of the X4 will receive a modern contemporary interior of current BMW standards including revised upper dashboard to incorporate a floating flat screen monitor. Seating will accommodate five passengers with optional seating for four."

Regardless, the X4 did piqued my interest. So we'll see how the final exterior translates into production.

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=724583

To Scott26, this no way an attack on your character or valid insights in this community just providing validity on my previous statement. Cheers!
Not at all my bad as they say.
My first contact with X4 was with a floating screen , however that could have been the new X6 which does get a floating screen.
      10-11-2013, 09:26 AM   #48
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJGreer View Post
But the only way this car happens at all is because most of it carries over from the X3. BMW would never have spend the R&D money to develop this car from the ground up, or even to give it a bespoke interior.
Indeed true, I was hoping for too much. I wonder how long till a production reveal now.
      10-27-2013, 01:34 PM   #49
Zirenz2006
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp IOMG

The interior is a let down
Appreciate 0