BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-16-2011, 02:03 AM   #1
coolesnce
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 X4 3.0 M-line Maxed out

Send map from Google maps stopped working

Anyone Send to car from google maps recently stop working. Mine did after 2 weeks of working flawlessly. I called BMW assist and they resent my email passwords, but nothing still. Anyone else experiencing this?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 03:40 AM   #2
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolesnce View Post
Anyone Send to car from google maps recently stop working. Mine did after 2 weeks of working flawlessly. I called BMW assist and they resent my email passwords, but nothing still. Anyone else experiencing this?
Does Google say "message was sent successfully to car"? Sometimes the Google service is down but if you get a successful message it's more likely to be your Assist account. Mine is still working OK in the UK

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 06:15 AM   #3
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Go into setting on Connected drive and re tick "allow google maps to send to car". Should work ok from there, if not contact cust/services they will sort it.
      11-16-2011, 06:41 AM   #4
Bandit6
Migrant Worker in the Global War of Terrorism
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i sedan 07, X3 28i 12

It is working fine on our X3. I used it Sunday to send three routes.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 08:57 AM   #5
coolesnce
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
Does Google say "message was sent successfully to car"? Sometimes the Google service is down but if you get a successful message it's more likely to be your Assist account. Mine is still working OK in the UK
Yes it says message was sent successfully to car. BMW says BMW assis account is okay.

I cant find the "allow google maps to send to car". options. By the way I am located in North America.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 09:35 AM   #6
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Yes it says message was sent successfully to car. BMW says BMW assis account is okay.

I cant find the "allow google maps to send to car". options. By the way I am located in North America.
LEDZEP had similar issues to this and i think he just kept on at BMW and they eventually sorted it out.

Might be worth logging onto the BMW Assist website to check that the username / email address you are using is still active

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 09:39 AM   #7
colson79
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i DSB

I used it yesterday and its still working for me.
      11-16-2011, 10:48 AM   #8
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

BMW connected drive=My Profile=My DATA it's here.
      11-16-2011, 11:50 AM   #9
W3dge
Private
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 2.0D

How on earth do you send from Google maps? All I can do is go to the connected drive website I can send to usb stick.
Space Grey, Wheels, Doors and a boot, Pushy Finance Person pack (with optional walk out of dealer mode), Professional Medium Pack, Fully Eclectic Towbar, Autocratic Gearbox, Sporty seats, Heated Arguments, Reversing Assist Camera with Top View, BMW signature sills, Panoramic Glass Roof, have you considered the Pushy Finance Person Pack? ETD 22/12/2012
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 12:24 PM   #10
Want the thrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4M40i, retired ‘11 X3

Garage List
2022 X4M40i  [10.00]
Just used it today and worked fine for me.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 12:34 PM   #11
jbinbi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 35i

why use this? is the bmw nav system not as efficient in creating routes as well as googles? (i don't have nav on my bmw, so curious about it)
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 01:28 PM   #12
Harplayr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 28i, F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbinbi View Post
why use this? is the bmw nav system not as efficient in creating routes as well as googles? (i don't have nav on my bmw, so curious about it)
It’s just quicker to enter your destination from your computer than it is to punch it into the car’s nav unit. It’s not of an earth shattering magnitude, but sitting in my office or home, I just enter the address into maps.google.com and hit send to car and later on when I’m ready to travel, the destination is already there and I don’t have to sit in the parking lot or my driveway inputting the city, road and street address.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 01:34 PM   #13
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harplayr View Post
It’s just quicker to enter your destination from your computer than it is to punch it into the car’s nav unit. It’s not of an earth shattering magnitude, but sitting in my office or home, I just enter the address into maps.google.com and hit send to car and later on when I’m ready to travel, the destination is already there and I don’t have to sit in the parking lot or my driveway inputting the city, road and street address.
And My BMW Remote app means you can also send direct from an iPhone, and direct from Google search results on the app

Also handy for sending directions to the wife

Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 01:38 PM   #14
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Oh, and it's only destinations. You can't send routes.

Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 01:50 PM   #15
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by W3dge View Post
How on earth do you send from Google maps? All I can do is go to the connected drive website I can send to usb stick.
Just go to Google Maps and click the envelope icon, select Car, BMW and then put your BMW Assist username in and click send. You need an active BMW Assist subscription for this to work

Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 01:53 PM   #16
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
BMW connected drive=My Profile=My DATA it's here.
I think this is related to BMW Apps. I don't have a My Profile menu under Connected Drive but I can still use Google send to car.

Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 03:17 PM   #17
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I think this is related to BMW Apps. I don't have a My Profile menu under Connected Drive but I can still use Google send to car.
You must have all UK bmw connected drive members do!!!
It's under "Profile and settings menu.
      11-17-2011, 12:20 AM   #18
coolesnce
Private
Rep

So after 2 hrs with BMW Assist, Customer relations and the dealer, they cant gigure out why my myinfo stopped working.Geez.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 01:03 AM   #19
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
You must have all UK bmw connected drive members do!!!
It's under "Profile and settings menu.
Well possibly as I only checked under the menu path that you posted, namely "BMW connected drive=My Profile=My DATA " - doesn't exist. Bear in mind that the menu structure changes over time with software releases.

Also this is unlikely to be the issue for the OP as his was working OK and then stopped working

Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 03:21 AM   #20
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Well possibly as I only checked under the menu path that you posted, namely "BMW connected drive=My Profile=My DATA " - doesn't exist. Bear in mind that the menu structure changes over time with software releases.

Also this is unlikely to be the issue for the OP as his was working OK and then stopped working
I don't know were your looking but the menu has not changed in 5 years, i'd look again or ring (for free) BMW UK.
      11-17-2011, 05:37 AM   #21
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

Quote:
It's an easy way to get new destinations to your car. If you're looking something up online at home or office you can just shoot it to the car instead of writing it down and entering it (or searching for it) again in the car. When you get to the car you just select it and start navigating.

Just wish it would work from the Maps app on the iPhone. I'd actually use that much more than from the desktop.
      11-17-2011, 05:50 AM   #22
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I don't know were your looking but the menu has not changed in 5 years, i'd look again or ring (for free) BMW UK.
This is straying but for reference the menu structure changed on mine when my software was updated only a couple of months ago. BMW Connected menu in particular. The menu structure will also be dependent on what options you have. I don't have a problem or need any help with the menu or Google Send to Car, I was just pointing out that I don't have the "BMW connected drive=My Profile=My DATA" menu path that you posted for this tick box

Appreciate 0