BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-03-2011, 11:19 PM   #23
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus7 View Post
There is already a long, long "miles at delivery thread"
Do we really need two?

Mileage at delivery

However, if this subject keeps you up at night, please start another one.
The search function is your friend.
Funny how you posted the original thread, yet many have continued to post their mileage at delivery here without reading the rest of the comments. Reminds me of being in elementary school, when the teacher would say, "Put your hand down when someone else is talking. It's a sign that you're probably not listening."
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 05:07 PM   #24
paul386
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandanio View Post
It might be at 1000 miles. It is still sold as new and your warranty starts at the time of delivery. Why are you obsessing so much?
I'm not sure I could agree with you here... I mean you can buy a used car with 1000 miles on it for several thousand less. One of the best parts of a new car (for me) is that I can get treat the car exactly the way I prefer from start to finish! Demo miles are hard miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaamike View Post
Watched the Nat.Geo. documentary on the X3 production line, and after production they showed an X3 on rollers being tested up to 100mph. The implication from the lady conducting the test was that all X3's must pass this test. How much of my 2 miles does that test account for? Also, I was surprised that the test ran the X3 up to 100mph given that I have never driven a new vehicle to such high speeds at least initially.
I'm willing to bet the odometer doesn't start until the car is completely finished with production and quality checks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juddholland View Post
Funny how you posted the original thread, yet many have continued to post their mileage at delivery here without reading the rest of the comments. Reminds me of being in elementary school, when the teacher would say, "Put your hand down when someone else is talking. It's a sign that you're probably not listening."
I don't think many people actually read beyond the OP and posts that quote their own...
Appreciate 0