BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-24-2014, 03:57 PM   #1
GWWW
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 528

Need help on interior color choice

Ordered an X5 on Monday evening. Space grey exterior. Love that. Ordered the mocha interior against my better judgement but was told the canberra beige could be a problem if you wear blue jeans. 3 days later I'm still ruminating about the mocha choice with the space grey. Now I'm even thinking that maybe I should consider the mineral white metallic with the mocha interior. (My husband is against the canberra beige) Any feedback would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 04:35 PM   #2
RaisinCain27
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Color choice is always going to be subjective, but I absolutely love the mocha interior with the orange stitching on my new X3. I have a carbon black exterior and it goes very well with it.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 05:41 PM   #3
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWWW View Post
Ordered an X5 on Monday evening. Space grey exterior. Love that. Ordered the mocha interior against my better judgement but was told the canberra beige could be a problem if you wear blue jeans. 3 days later I'm still ruminating about the mocha choice with the space grey. Now I'm even thinking that maybe I should consider the mineral white metallic with the mocha interior. (My husband is against the canberra beige) Any feedback would be appreciated.
Welcome to the X3 sub-forum, and thanks for asking our opinion. While I usually don't wish to participate in color choices (exterior or interior), as they are absolutely personal design choices for you (and/or one's significant other), I do have to share experience with light-colored leather and 'blue jeans'. We had three years' experience with the 'Oyster' leather in our 2011 X3 xDr35i. Keep in mind we are here in the deep South, and after working in the yard figuring we needed more fertilizer and mulch, we frequented the local Big Box stores with dirty and wet blue and black denim clothing. It was never an issue - no stains. If you have pets with light coats and want to purchase black leather, you will be forever cleaning the hairs if your compulsions so dictate, likewise for the opposite combinations, but as for permanent markings, we've never had an issue with dark or light leather.

But it really comes down to what you both wish, and I will now step aside...
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 07:50 PM   #4
woodchuck1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 X-drive 35i

One thing I liked about the beige interior is when you order it, the lower half of the dash also comes in beige. For the X3, that's the only color also picked up by the dash (unless they changed it this year.) It brightens up the interior and I think it looks better. All other interior colors get an all black dash.

Our 2013 is space grey and beige inside. I think BMW's leather is pretty durable and easy to care for. All I ever do is wipe it with a damp cloth and at 35000 miles, the leather looks almost new.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 07:55 PM   #5
woodchuck1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 X-drive 35i

Please ignore my post, above. I didn't notice that she was talking about X5s, and nothing I said applies to X5s.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 09:04 PM   #6
eddorz
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X3

It really comes down to personal preference. Personally I like to have a nice contrast in color with the interior. My X3 is Alpine White and my interior is Ivory White. The inside of the BMW already comes with a lot of dark accent colors so the white leather pops pretty well against it. The only pain in the butt about the Ivory white is that if you wear blue jeans, the color does rub off. That can be simply removed with a good leather cleaner in a matter of seconds. The mocha color is really nice though.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 12:59 PM   #7
halfalife
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: 3.0D Msport

I think the only colour that really looks good against the grey is the black. I have the space grey but have never really liked it....its too light and a bit dull.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 01:14 PM   #8
clivem2
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

I'm hoping Saddle will be good with SG.