BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-22-2011, 01:56 PM   #1
Byron
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3 3.0

Problems with Connected Drive

Just taken delivery of my new X3 in sparkling metallic bronze which I am very happy with. However have a couple of glitches with the Connected Drive system which I was hoping someone might be able to help with!

I have the professional media system and am able to send messages to the car via Google maps or the BMW Assist website, so the car is clearly communicating with the internet. However, the BMW Online page in the car will not load - does anyone know how long it takes to activate? Also the BMW online routes in the Nav system are not available.

Also, in the Office screen the car now will not load e-mail or SMS messages from either of my phones (Sony Xperia and BB 9300). Yesterday it worked fine - have searched through all of the settings and cannot find anything that might affect this function.

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 02:44 PM   #2
MattUK
Captain Unsensible
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 M240i Coupe - Estoril

Garage List
2016 BMW M240i  [0.00]
Hi Byron,

Once you have completed the online registration form which the dealer should have provided, or you can do it direct it takes upto 3 days.

I registered on a Thursday and it was sorted by the following Tuesday, and you will get an SMS and an Email when it has been done.

If not, then call the 0800 number on the connecteddrive page and they can deal with it over the phone and tell you the status.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 05:19 PM   #3
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

You can't receive Google messages until your account is active so it's unlikely to be that. The only time I've seen BMW online not working was down to reception. Have you tried in different locations?

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0