BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-05-2014, 06:24 AM   #23
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizz View Post
Love the X line in the Melbourne Red. Congratulations, looks great.
You will love it. Everytime I drive mine I can't believe how great it handles, performs and looks. Hope yours is the same for you!! Enjoy!!
What color is yours? Msport or xline?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 07:29 AM   #24
Sarsippius3rd
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X4 28i

I have to say that the x line is very nice. I have the m sport in Melbourne red and I love it. To me, the m sport is nice and aggressive looking. I came from a Lexus RX and the Macan looks too much like an RX and I wanted something different. When I saw the X4 at the dealer, I knew I had to have it. Actually put it on hold that day and bought it one week later. Car has everything but cold weather package, but has seat heaters. Don't care much for headlight washers.

Enjoy your x line!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 10:40 AM   #25
Russkey
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 BMW AW 550xi

Garage List
2012 550xi  [10.00]
Typical forum talk. Go to the Macan forum and read about an x4
I'm pretty sure Macan is a more desirable car and for me it wins in every category over the x4. The only thing I don't really like is the front lights in both cars.
      10-05-2014, 11:27 AM   #26
Bimar
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russkey View Post
I'm pretty sure Macan is a more desirable car and for me it wins in every category over the x4. The only thing I don't really like is the front lights in both cars.
Have you even crosshopped them, test driven them compared space and Tech? Macan is nice but there are compromises on either car, it boils down to what's important to you and preference and you will be surprised it's not a slam dunk, but Each to his own.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 01:29 PM   #27
Rizz
X4 Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X4 Black Sapphire Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by inamik75 View Post
What color is yours? Msport or xline?
Sapphire black with black leather, Msport with the 19" wheels. Photo on the members cars thread.
Yes to each his own. Ran into a friend yesterday who is buying the Machan. Machan giving people they are buying something special because it is a Porsch.
I'm happy for him/ them if they get the same feeling driving theirs as I get from driving the X4. The fewer people that buy the X4'the better. Would rather not see the roads saturated with them so they are special and unique. Heads turn when it drives by ok with me!
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2014, 01:01 AM   #28
Tjalle
Major
Rep
Drives: X4 35i

Reading the Macan posts reveals:
-has lots of bugs - first MY will be a pain.
-service (and repairs) will cost a fortune
-has more "agressive" product profile - highs and lows in attributes.
-design is a personal thing
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2014, 10:31 PM   #29
Theatermax
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 and X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by inamik75 View Post
So on the way to dealership passed by the Porsche dealership again so could compare Macan to my X4 order, men the Macan is cramped inside, still looks nice, but when saw the X4 Xline in Melbourne Red with Beige interior the X4 is so gorgeous and quite a looker in comparison, definitely a head turner! The pic attached doesn't do it justice...just a few more days after set up is complete and I take delivery.
You got it !!! Yea !!!

You are going to enjoy it so much and each day brings more fun.. The opposite with the Macan by the way. The seats also in the Macan were comfy for a week and then hurt me bad. The X4 seats are very very nice and I love them..

Enjoy my friend !!!!!

Craig
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 07:19 AM   #30
PX3
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 / F32

I honestly do not see what all the fuss is about with the Macan? How any one can say the X4 looks bland compared to the Macan needs their eyes tested. The Macans rear end looks just as plain as it's big brother and every time I see a Cayenne from the rear it easily looks like it could be a Hyundai or Kia!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 11:28 AM   #31
Jypsie
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X4 M40i Carbon Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petex3 View Post
I honestly do not see what all the fuss is about with the Macan? How any one can say the X4 looks bland compared to the Macan needs their eyes tested. The Macans rear end looks just as plain as it's big brother and every time I see a Cayenne from the rear it easily looks like it could be a Hyundai or Kia!
Absolutely correct. But for some it stays a Porsche and that is it.....
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 04:03 PM   #32
grayforge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335xi

For me, the Macan has tasteful touches of Porsche styling while the X4 looks like a lifted econobox. Each to their own though.

Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 11:36 PM   #33
Jypsie
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X4 M40i Carbon Black

Et voilà: The two pictures prove the previous point. If those two cars look similar to you, you need to get your eyes tested.

I am happy with my eyes .......
Appreciate 1
      10-08-2014, 12:57 AM   #34
Chopper45
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X4 M40d

Some like blonds some like brunettes....

Macan = Blond
X4 = Brunette

Brunette - The intelligent choice
Appreciate 1
      10-08-2014, 02:17 AM   #35
PX3
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 / F32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper45 View Post

Macan = Blond
X4 = Brunette

Now if you're going to put it like that, maybe more of us will change our mind and want both!
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 03:36 AM   #36
predator
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: Bmw X4 2.0i xline sophistograu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jypsie View Post
Et voilà: The two pictures prove the previous point. If those two cars look similar to you, you need to get your eyes tested.

he needs glasses indeed
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 10:04 AM   #37
Bimar
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jypsie View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper45 View Post

Macan = Blond
X4 = Brunette

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator View Post
he needs glasses indeed
You guys made my day :
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2014, 10:28 AM   #38
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by inamik75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russkey View Post
Have you even crosshopped them, test driven them compared space and Tech? Macan is nice but there are compromises on either car, it boils down to what's important to you and preference and you will be surprised it's not a slam dunk, but Each to his own.
I cross shopped all of the cars in the class. I've spent hours building every model variant that suits my needs in the CUV class, driven more than a handful of them, and the Macan was a no-brainer. It seems if the Macan was cheaper, it would definitely appeal to more people. Every car has its trade offs, but the BMW badge isn't strong enough anymore to outweigh the bad. If my car should have problems (I know the BMW will give me problems), I'd rather do it in the nicer vehicle. With Porsche I get better loaners, better customer service, and a better ownership experience in what is unequivocally a nicer car. If you're willing to spend, the Macan is hands down nicer. If you're not, they might be about the same. Some people don't care about poor panel fitment and tough leather--that's fine for those people. The Macan offers me higher quality everything and actually offers more feature content (the X3/4 still don't offer vented seats, upgraded leather, air suspension, LED tails, etc.)
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2014, 12:37 PM   #39
Bimar
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive35i View Post
I cross shopped all of the cars in the class. I've spent hours building every model variant that suits my needs in the CUV class, driven more than a handful of them, and the Macan was a no-brainer. It seems if the Macan was cheaper, it would definitely appeal to more people. Every car has its trade offs, but the BMW badge isn't strong enough anymore to outweigh the bad. If my car should have problems (I know the BMW will give me problems), I'd rather do it in the nicer vehicle. With Porsche I get better loaners, better customer service, and a better ownership experience in what is unequivocally a nicer car. If you're willing to spend, the Macan is hands down nicer. If you're not, they might be about the same. Some people don't care about poor panel fitment and tough leather--that's fine for those people. The Macan offers me higher quality everything and actually offers more feature content (the X3/4 still don't offer vented seats, upgraded leather, air suspension, LED tails, etc.)
Hey JH enjoy the Macan, it's a nice car, I remember all the issues on your X3 was unfortunate. for me current Macan not worth it I will wait and see what the 2nd gen has to offer, almost cancelled X4 order for it but it didn't excite me, whenever I get to the X4 my heart skipped a beat really like the look, nothing for me on the Macan, but the Macan seats really sublime!
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2014, 12:58 PM   #40
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by inamik75
Quote:
Hey JH enjoy the Macan, it's a nice car, I remember all the issues on your X3 was unfortunate. for me current Macan not worth it I will wait and see what the 2nd gen has to offer, almost cancelled X4 order for it but it didn't excite me, whenever I get to the X4 my heart skipped a beat really like the look, nothing for me on the Macan, but the Macan seats really sublime!
Thanks for the kind wishes! I hope to be pleasantly surprised as I hear about your ownership experience!
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2014, 01:26 PM   #41
Bimar
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the kind wishes! I hope to be pleasantly surprised as I hear about your ownership experience!
I expect few issues being based on the X3 so bugs worked out after 3 years, so I wil post here my experiences for sure. I remain active on the Macan forum for it could be my future car, I would not be able to live with the bugs owners there are suffering now, it's utterly ridiculous!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 10:50 AM   #42
eldo33
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325i B. Red/Terra

Garage List
2006 325i  [8.00]
So I posted a brief review and my opinion when i sat in the X4 at bmw niello in sacto over a month ago and i've seen many compared to the macan. i haven't seen it in person nor sat in it so i didn't want to give my opinion..until now since i visited sac auto show this past sunday.

visually the front is very aggressive, i admitted it looked good for front side view. the side and the rear for me are not as much aggressive and it seemed lower reminded me of the X1 which is not my cup of tea.

the interior is as expected from picture that i've seen on here, the dash and middle has WAY too many buttons. it's hard to drive and find a button to select your option. The interior is COMPACT as i sat it. it felt bit tighter than my current 325i which wasn't good. the rear is as much the same. Oh and this was Macan Turbo model which priced at $85k.... damn seriously they are overpriced compact car.

i believe my choice is much clearer now which my next model would be...X4 babyyyy.
Attached Images

2013 E350 - Wife
2013 GLK 4Matic - The Family
2006 BMW E90 325i - Self
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 08:20 PM   #43
cy07
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 50i 2016 M3

To get a Macan to look similarly aggressive like the X4 Msport with 20 310M wheels, expect to fork out additional 10~12k easy over a loaded X4. People tend to think they are competitively priced but they really aren't after options.

Look wise they are both beautiful in person.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 01:33 PM   #44
Bimar
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_do33 View Post
the rear for me are not as much aggressive and it seemed lower reminded me of the X1 which is not my cup of tea.

The interior is COMPACT as i sat it. it felt bit tighter than my current 325i which wasn't good. the rear is as much the same. Oh and this was Macan Turbo model which priced at $85k.... damn seriously they are overpriced compact car.

i believe my choice is much clearer now which my next model would be...X4 babyyyy.
You hit the nail on the head interior space is cramped like an X1, however on the flip side for those who can't get away with buying a 911 as a family car, the Macan is a perfect compromise to buy a Porsche if that's your aspiration.
Appreciate 0