BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-16-2016, 12:40 PM   #1
awaitingbimmer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A5 Sportback

Interested in x3 in 2018

My car lease ends late 2017/early 2018.

I will be in the market for a crossover vehicle.

There are a lot of choices and my next vehicle choice will be a difficult one.

I am interested in hearing more about x3 owners experiences.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2016, 07:11 PM   #2
drp087
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 BMW M2C

That's right about when the next gen X3 will be out, which should be a good balance of practicality, performance. You might also get a better deal on the current gen with higher reliability with all the little problems worked out compared to a brand new model. I personally would much prefer the new gen with updated tech, performance, interior, design.

Seeing you drive an Acura TLX right now, your biggest concern might be reliability- Especially for a lease, I don't think you'll run into much problems with the X3, current gen or next.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2016, 04:37 AM   #3
maxdriver
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ‘23 GRolla; MDX S

This segment is getting more competitive and offering us more choices as time goes on. We too are looking at getting into a compact SUV in another year and look forward to the search!

I imagine the current X3 will lease well this year, with the new model on the horizon. Other options for us are the updated Q5; Macan and the Jag F-Pace. We test drove the Jag a few days ago. Very impressive!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2016, 05:19 AM   #4
Smithy2014
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0d msport Auto

I got a great lease deal on my next X3 - deals are out there now with the new one on the horizon, Jag F-Pace was going to cost 20% more to lease and if you trawl the forums you will see a lot of owners are having issues (which is common amongst newly released models - GO1 will probably be the same) and the Macan was going to cost 32% more to lease.

Not a fan of the new Q5 - exterior does nothing for me although interior is quite nice, deals to be had on the outgoing model - 10% cheaper compared to the X3 I ordered for similar spec.
      10-17-2016, 09:37 AM   #5
Tjalle
Major
Rep
Drives: X4 35i

"Maybe", your question was: X3 owners experience?

I have X4 35i MY-15 and has monitored X3/X4 threads during past two years. X4 is to 90% like a X3.

On the whole, most seem to be satisfied with limited amount of troubles and OK performance.

I had two problems with my vehicle:
-steering precision and sidewind sensitivity not as good as my MY-97 SAAB 9000 Turbo, which I still keep. Rectified by lowering car with H&R. Only drawback is less chassis comfort. If you are happy with Acura - I believe X3 STD will be OK.
-exhaust visually not good enough and nor was sound - rectified by M Performance exhaust.

8-speed AUTO gearbox and gas (petrol ) inline six are Best in Class.

There is a good chance that you will be happy with your X3 - todays or upcoming G01.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2016, 09:53 AM   #6
maxdriver
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ‘23 GRolla; MDX S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy2014 View Post
I got a great lease deal on my next X3 - deals are out there now with the new one on the horizon, Jag F-Pace was going to cost 20% more to lease and if you trawl the forums you will see a lot of owners are having issues (which is common amongst newly released models - GO1 will probably be the same) and the Macan was going to cost 32% more to lease.

Not a fan of the new Q5 - exterior does nothing for me although interior is quite nice, deals to be had on the outgoing model - 10% cheaper compared to the X3 I ordered for similar spec.
I hear what you are saying. I can definitely lease the X3 much cheaper than the Jag or Porsche. If we go for one of the latter two it will probably be a purchase and not a lease. Right now I'm leaning towards leasing a loaded X3 35i.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2016, 09:59 AM   #7
plymjack
Nuclear Chief of the Watch
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 (F25) 2.0D, i3 BEV

we are planning to trade our 2012 X3 and 2014 i3 for a hybrid X3 G01 - totally pleased with both cars (being a BMW newbie!) and to combine them will for us be ideal.
Sony QX10 & GoPro Hero 3
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2016, 05:32 PM   #8
drp087
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 BMW M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy2014 View Post

Pretty much sums it up..
I don't expect the F-pace to be very reliable, even after a couple years of production. Macan is overpriced, the new Q5...looks like the same old Q5.

GLC seems to be a good competitor for the X3, especially the GLC43 AMG coming soon.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2016, 09:42 PM   #9
dreamspeed
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

If at all feasible go to an auto show to check out all the cars back to back. Most of the time you can significantly shorten you list just by sitting in each car and playing with the controls, seats, trunk etc
      10-19-2016, 06:07 PM   #10
awaitingbimmer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A5 Sportback

I will definitely check it out at the SF auto show next year
Appreciate 0