BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-25-2019, 06:38 PM   #1
SmallDave
Private
Rep
Drives: 335d Sport Package

N55 Charge Pipe Bypass Hose

Unfortunately today, I heard a pop while shifting and my initial guess was confirmed, broken charge pipe. The car actually made it about five miles home with conservative driving (with a check engine) but when I took a look under the hood, I realized the pipe was completely off!

So from previous research, I knew to get the FTP pipes from Amazon. Unfortunately it will be a couple days before they get here... But what I also noticed is the little hose before the MAF was also broken off. From the looks of it, the flange broke and the hose should be alright to reuse. Does this seem correct to anyone else?

Also, I've looked and looked and can't find the part on real OEM. I think I found it here (item 14) but it's not listed for the x3... Hmmm.

If anyone knows which part it is, I'd love to order one just in case I need it for when my charge pipes arrive.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0