BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-17-2011, 09:11 AM   #23
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

New threads like this one which suggest delivery has been taken but that don't include photos are like throwing a bloodied carcass into a tank of piranhas! I get email updates for this thread and log in to find it's just another person asking where the photos are!

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 10:08 AM   #24
mike185
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 X28i ; M235i xdrive Convert

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedinand View Post
I've clicked on this post 5 times today already looking for pics
send me a e mail and I will send you some pics you request I have them on my blackberry and don't know how to post Mfromano@optonline.net just let me know what pic you would like inside or outside
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 10:37 AM   #25
fedinand
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X3, '11 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike185 View Post
send me a e mail and I will send you some pics you request I have them on my blackberry and don't know how to post Mfromano@optonline.net just let me know what pic you would like inside or outside
I just sent you an email send all the X3 pics you have and I will post them up for you!
      01-17-2011, 10:43 AM   #26
Cactus
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 2.8i

Quote:
Titanium .
Thanks... I'm thinking of the same color combo but I wasn't sure if the Chestnut would look good with the Titanium Silver. Glad to hear that you (and two others) like the combo!
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 10:59 AM   #27
mike185
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
Thanks... I'm thinking of the same color combo but I wasn't sure if the Chestnut would look good with the Titanium Silver. Glad to hear that you (and two others) like the combo!
Chestnut is like a brown with a little red , I love my Color combo , but thats me , would not trade for anything else
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 11:15 AM   #28
fedinand
Major
United_States
Rep

Here are mike's pics

Pic's of Mike's beautiful X3..
Attached Images

01-17-2011, 12:20 PM   #29
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Quote:
Chestnut is like a brown with a little red , I love my Color combo , but thats me , would not trade for anything else
like the color but if i can stomach the wait it would be with mineral silver exterior. I see you dont have variable damper control. Had you tried it? How is the ride without it?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 12:56 PM   #30
mike185
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by inamik75 View Post
Quote:
like the color but if i can stomach the wait it would be with mineral silver exterior. I see you dont have variable damper control. Had you tried it? How is the ride without it?
. No did not try , the ride seems just fine with the steering , that is another thing that can bring me to service I believe .
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2011, 09:38 AM   #31
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

mike185/ferdinand -- thanks for posting the pics!

Nice looking car. I don't think Chestnut would work for me, but it sure does give it a sporty look. I like the stitching they've added here.

Ah, the EZ Pass tag. I sure wish they'd make those things smaller or at least black so they blend in more. Here we end up with an inspection sticker, a tax sticker, and then (by choice, of course) the toll tag cluttering up the center of the window -- can't even put them in the corners. Drives me bananas.

Anyway, enjoy the new car and thanks for the pics!
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2011, 04:32 PM   #32
fedinand
Major
United_States
Rep

I'm still trying to decide if I want the chestnut interior. I have coral red in my E92, and I really like how that looks (even though I had scratched coral red off my list before seeing it in person) - once I saw it in person, I was surprised how much I liked it. I think the chestnut will be the same…I'm leaning towards black sapphire/chestnut - which would be close to my E92's black sapphire/coral red. I need to see chestnut in person to be sure.
      01-18-2011, 07:49 PM   #33
mike185
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
[QUOTE=fedinand;8715389]I'm still trying to decide if I want the chestnut interior. I have coral red in my E92, and I really like how that looks (even though I had scratched coral red off my list before seeing it in person) - once I saw it in person, I was surprised how much I liked it. I think the chestnut will be the same
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2011, 07:58 PM   #34
bluesmachine
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 45e blue/cognac

Garage List
2011 BMW X3 35i  [0.00]
1998 BMW 328ic  [0.00]
After all the various versions of Chestnut / Red / Brown etc... I have decided on that color and Deep Sea Blue.

Any thoughts on that? Anyone ever seen that combo?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2011, 10:45 PM   #35
Cactus
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 2.8i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesmachine View Post
After all the various versions of Chestnut / Red / Brown etc... I have decided on that color and Deep Sea Blue.

Any thoughts on that? Anyone ever seen that combo?
I think that would be a great combo!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 01:51 PM   #36
Stephen5242
Canada EH!
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i

Thanks for sharing the pictures, very nice, enjoy the new ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahoa View Post
mike185/ferdinand -- thanks for posting the pics!

Nice looking car. I don't think Chestnut would work for me, but it sure does give it a sporty look. I like the stitching they've added here.

Ah, the EZ Pass tag. I sure wish they'd make those things smaller or at least black so they blend in more. Here we end up with an inspection sticker, a tax sticker, and then (by choice, of course) the toll tag cluttering up the center of the window -- can't even put them in the corners. Drives me bananas.

Anyway, enjoy the new car and thanks for the pics!
I painted my EZ Pass black, just the side facing out, and it does not affect its use at all and blends in well with black interior. I also use black velcro to attach it to the front window. You can hardly notice it from the outside.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 06:59 PM   #37
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen5242 View Post
I painted my EZ Pass black, just the side facing out, and it does not affect its use at all and blends in well with black interior. I also use black velcro to attach it to the front window. You can hardly notice it from the outside.
Very handy info. Will be doing that! Spray paint? Did you need to prep it at all?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 07:18 PM   #38
Stephen5242
Canada EH!
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahoa View Post
Very handy info. Will be doing that! Spray paint? Did you need to prep it at all?
Just make sure it is clean. I used a matt black spray paint (Krylon I think). If there are stickers on that side they may need to be removed. Ours only has stickers on the side facing the inside of the vehicle. I painted the outside face and the sides as well, but left the inside face with the stickers unpainted. If you change the velcro to black you will need velcro with glue that can handle high heat, as regular velcro glue will melt when the inside of the car gets very hot. Our bridge commission supplies the velcro for free. It's called a MACPASS here, and used for our bridge toll, but it is the same as your EZ pass. I never tried to paint it with the white velcro in place, might still work.

Last edited by Stephen5242; 01-19-2011 at 07:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2011, 10:00 AM   #39
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

mike185,

It's been a couple weeks now since you've had your new car. Any particular observations after a bit more time with it? Anything you're particularly glad you got that you hadn't thought would be a big deal? Anything you got that you liked even more than you expected? Anything you'd add if doing it again? (Hope that last one isn't the case for you, but if it is, would welcome the opportunity to learn from your experience.)
      01-31-2011, 08:59 AM   #40
Tauvil
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i - Black Sapphire

My 2 cents on the EZ Pass dilemma. May be different signal strength in the States but in my '08 X3, without the navigation you get a compartment in the center dash, which is where I keep my EZ pass and it always gets detected without having to take it out. Obviously, that compartment is gone on the F25 but there is now a similar compartment in the dash between the steering wheel and driver's door. I'm going to try that when mine gets delivered and hopefully I can have another "out-of-sight-out-of-mind" setup for toll roads! Fingers crossed as I hate the idea of mounting the transmitter on the windshield.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 07:33 PM   #41
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Ooh, I never imagined the signal would be strong enough since they were so particular in the instructions regarding placement. I'll give that a try!! Thank you!