BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-19-2014, 09:54 AM   #23
gdstan55
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEI
X3 35i in jakarta here.

had drivetrain malfunction power reduced about 4 times already. the engine kinda just vibrates when you try to acclerate.

First two times i turned off the car and waited till all the lights went off and it was fine again when i started it.

Now it wont go away when i do that but when i park the car the next time i get in its fine again.

what sensor are you all replacing?

my seats also squeak all the time.. sent it in 3x for squeaky seats. (for those people who have squeaky seats are ur seats positioned all the way back?)
My 35i had a cracked charge pipe which led to the "drivetrain power loss" message. The engine would vibrate quite noisily when I revved it and the vehicle drove like a 80bhp car. Took 3 days to fix as the dealer scrambled to find a replacement charge pipe. I wish there was a more robust charge pipe replacement but I can only find ones made for 3 series n55 engines.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2014, 04:23 PM   #24
momo28
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

It just happened to me this morning. It is very cold here, -30C(-20F) and has been like this for 4 days straight now. I started the truck, no problem. Drove a short distance and then parked again to go grocery shopping. When I came out, truck wouldn't start. After my third crank or so, the drivetrain message came on and then something like drive moderately. After letting it sit for 10 mins, it started but the engine warning light remains, but not the drivetrain message anymore. Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2014, 09:42 PM   #25
midwest 340xi 6sp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo28 View Post
It just happened to me this morning. It is very cold here, -30C(-20F) and has been like this for 4 days straight now. I started the truck, no problem. Drove a short distance and then parked again to go grocery shopping. When I came out, truck wouldn't start. After my third crank or so, the drivetrain message came on and then something like drive moderately. After letting it sit for 10 mins, it started but the engine warning light remains, but not the drivetrain message anymore. Any thoughts?
See my post in the other drivetrain malfunction thread....Mods should combine these two threads...