BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-21-2011, 02:04 PM   #1
Redbhuna
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 Auto Mineral Silver

For Oyster lovers everywhere...

Just had the delights of selling my 1st X3 and needed to clean up the seats after they looked stained by jeans etc. I was worried it wouldn't come off and knew of someone who had their seats replaced by the dealership because of it.

I thought I'd give the official Leather Protection kit a try first. Managed to get it from BMW Park Lane on eBay for £15.

The kit includes a bottle of cream, 3 square sponges and several paper towels.

All you do is apply some cream to a sponge, clean the seat then rub off with the paper towel. It took me only a few minutes for four affected seats.

The results were very impressive. Pictures included show a before and after shot of the worst affected area, the product box and also what the sponge/cloth looked like afterwards.

The car looked brand new when finished. The cream will last a long time and sponges/clothes are easy to come by when you run out.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-21-2011, 02:07 PM   #2
MattUK
Captain Unsensible
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 M240i Coupe - Estoril

Garage List
2016 BMW M240i  [0.00]
Looks like new!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2011, 03:10 PM   #3
tagz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 xDrive 35i

Thanks for sharing!

I will buy one too!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2011, 03:12 PM   #4
Bustofa
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 XDrive20D SE

Impressive! And reassuring as I have ordered oyster.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2011, 03:28 PM   #5
Dukat
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustofa View Post
Impressive! And reassuring as I have ordered oyster.
Agreed. I started worrying about it after I ordered.
      09-21-2011, 03:32 PM   #6
Redbhuna
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Yeah no need to panic! I did it again after two months and still back to new again so stop worrying and enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2011, 03:36 PM   #7
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

I do mine once a week with leather wipes and it remains as good as new

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2011, 04:52 PM   #8
torzeck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i, 2020 X3 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbhuna View Post
Just had the delights of selling my 1st X3 and needed to clean up the seats after they looked stained by jeans etc. I was worried it wouldn't come off and knew of someone who had their seats replaced by the dealership because of it.

I thought I'd give the official Leather Protection kit a try first. Managed to get it from BMW Park Lane on eBay for £15.

The kit includes a bottle of cream, 3 square sponges and several paper towels.

All you do is apply some cream to a sponge, clean the seat then rub off with the paper towel. It took me only a few minutes for four affected seats.

The results were very impressive. Pictures included show a before and after shot of the worst affected area, the product box and also what the sponge/cloth looked like afterwards.

The car looked brand new when finished. The cream will last a long time and sponges/clothes are easy to come by when you run out.
Are you a dealer? Or, why did you sell your X3?
Like or No Like?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2011, 07:00 PM   #9
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Thanks for sharing that! Looks like a product worth having for us Oyster lovers indeed. Though I am a bit disappointed that this thread was not about seafood.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2011, 07:09 PM   #10
Dukat
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Do you think Leatherique Clean will clean as well or better than the BMW product? I already ordered it, but I need to get my car before I can get it dirty and clean it.
      09-21-2011, 07:12 PM   #11
brissim
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 30d (2011 F25) - now sold

Thanks for this info and the pictures. I've printed this out and will keep it for the time I might need it (if I can find the printout again)

Tony
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2011, 09:38 PM   #12
Itchywasabi
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Dye it black...
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2011, 11:09 PM   #13
02420X3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

Thanks for that. With no kids, no pets, and no expectation of wearing new jeans, I'm comfortable with Oyster seats. It's nice to know that they're an easy clean if necessary.

Ledzep, my DSB X3 with Oyster interior has visited Jasper White's Summer Shack more than once. Wellfleet Oysters and Wellfleet Littlenecks are always ordered. Everyone except the DD gets to enjoy a nice crisp French white. Come on by. I can always fit in another X3 owner and guest.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 12:36 AM   #14
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by torzeck View Post
Are you a dealer? Or, why did you sell your X3?
Like or No Like?
He's on his second F25 already. He can't get enough of them

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 04:33 AM   #15
Redbhuna
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukat View Post
Do you think Leatherique Clean will clean as well or better than the BMW product? I already ordered it, but I need to get my car before I can get it dirty and clean it.
I've no idea I'm afraid. This is the first time I've ever cleaned leather seats and as it worked so well I didn't need to try anything else.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 12:15 PM   #16
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02420X3 View Post
Ledzep, my DSB X3 with Oyster interior has visited Jasper White's Summer Shack more than once. Wellfleet Oysters and Wellfleet Littlenecks are always ordered. Everyone except the DD gets to enjoy a nice crisp French white. Come on by. I can always fit in another X3 owner and guest.
Thanks. If I'm ever up Boston way, I'll keep that invite in mind. Here in Delaware, it's mostly about crabs.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 06:56 AM   #17
Dukat
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Dr. G just posted a short review of Leatherique Pristine Clean in another thread.

"
THE REVIEW:
I have a JADE GREY interior which almost looks white and after working on my car so much and transporting so many parts in the car I decided it was time to give it a clean up. Most of the seats looked good, but I could see some dirt on the drivers seat and it was looking a bit shiny and definitely not the same colour as the rest of the interior... it had taken on a darker shade, didn't look like it would go back to the original colour.

I decided to use a leather brush from detailedimage and some Prestine Clean as a stand alone since I couldn't go through the hassle of the Rejuv Oil. Let me tell you that I am SURPRISED by the amount of dirt that was coming out of the seats... ALL of my seats look a totalllly different colour now and have a VERY NICE matte finish just like you would expect from brand new leather seats. The leather looks and feels brand new... and there is no greasy or oily spots AT ALL and all the seams and cracks cleaned up very nice with the brush. My interior looks as good as new...without the need for the rejuv oil.

METHOD:
I put the Prestine Clean into a spray bottle and sprayed it onto the leather, then I agitated with a brush and just wiped off with a damp towel... the towel was CLEARLY picking up a lot of gunk and the seats turned out VERY VERY NICE.... highlllllyyy recommend this product."