BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-01-2012, 12:14 PM   #1
mistermagoo
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 x35i, 2015 X5 x35i

Coolant Indicator

Well, turned out the "vibrations" my wife felt last time was due to road conditions, not the car. Thank goodness. Now, has anyone experienced random warning lights? I have roughly 4,000 miles on my 2012 X3, and got a low coolant warning indicator this AM. Didn't get a chance to actually check, but when I restarted the car, the warning went away.

Was this just a temporary "bug"? Anyone else experience something similar? Btw, how would I go about checking the coolant? Never had a car before. I'm guessing I check under the hood, but kind of afraid to touch anything...

Thanks again everyone.

PS: as an aside, we got the X3 instead of the X5 thinking that it would be large enough for us and our newborn baby. Kinda wishing we got the X5. X3 gets packed quite easily.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 12:43 PM   #2
FX3OK
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermagoo
Well, turned out the "vibrations" my wife felt last time was due to road conditions, not the car. Thank goodness. Now, has anyone experienced random warning lights? I have roughly 4,000 miles on my 2012 X3, and got a low coolant warning indicator this AM. Didn't get a chance to actually check, but when I restarted the car, the warning went away.

Was this just a temporary "bug"? Anyone else experience something similar? Btw, how would I go about checking the coolant? Never had a car before. I'm guessing I check under the hood, but kind of afraid to touch anything...

Thanks again everyone.

PS: as an aside, we got the X3 instead of the X5 thinking that it would be large enough for us and our newborn baby. Kinda wishing we got the X5. X3 gets packed quite easily.
Are you sure it wasnt the "windshield wiper fluid" indicator? I cant imagine you getting a low coolant warning... Unless you have a leak...
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 05:29 PM   #3
bren
user
Rep
Drives: German Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermagoo View Post
...how would I go about checking the coolant?
Read the manual. It's in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX3OK View Post
I cant imagine you getting a low coolant warning... Unless you have a leak...
Nah, it's not that uncommon. There could've just been a bit of air that was finally purged.
Appreciate 0