BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-01-2017, 08:19 AM   #1
awaitingbimmer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A5 Sportback

BMW negotiations

Since I mentioned I am waiting for the next x3, I am curious as to how customers can negotiate with BMW dealers.

I see that there are a lot of customizations for BMW on their site.

Can the forum provide insight into this process?

I am also not sure if I will finance or lease a future car.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2017, 11:25 AM   #2
Crassus
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 19' G20 X3 20i & 19' M140i

Buying a BMW is no different than buying a car from other manufacturers. You can factory order, or you can speak to dealers about the car you desire and the budget in mind, and they'll check their inventory or incoming cars for a close match. The best advice is to shop around.

You generally get big discounts on existing stock and on cars that are poorly optioned e.g missing Professional Navigation.

The next X3, just like any new premium SUV, will be very popular and unlikely discounted in the first model year. If dealers want to be nice, they could give you a generous value for your trade-in in place of a discount.
      01-01-2017, 01:25 PM   #3
02420X3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

In the US, whether you buy off the lot or order, never negotiate down from sticker price. Always negotiate using invoice price as a base.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2017, 04:53 PM   #4
hoho_leung
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crassus View Post
Buying a BMW is no different than buying a car from other manufacturers. You can factory order, or you can speak to dealers about the car you desire and the budget in mind, and they'll check their inventory or incoming cars for a close match. The best advice is to shop around.

You generally get big discounts on existing stock and on cars that are poorly optioned e.g missing Professional Navigation.

The next X3, just like any new premium SUV, will be very popular and unlikely discounted in the first model year. If dealers want to be nice, they could give you a generous value for your trade-in in place of a discount.
Sorry.. I disagree. If they sell you a car in inventory, they want to sell you in cheaper price if they decide to clear the inventory. But if they have small amount in the inventory, they are unlikely to sell you cheap or might even markup the price. Perhaps this make sense to lot of customers but not to me. This is just an execute. So tell them you are not in a hurry and OK to wait for custom order. When they realize inventory is not an execute, they will give you a fair price.
Appreciate 0