BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-05-2016, 03:16 PM   #1
bichoo
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i M-Sport

Review of DINANTRONICS Sport Tuner for N20 (28i)

I've been debating for months on what engine tune to get without breaking the bank with a full blown Dinan Tune. Initially I decided on going with BMS Stage 1 but finalized on Racechip and started saving up. Then just a few weeks ago, I heard about the new Dinantronics sports tuner for a price to appeal to the masses with just one connection:

http://www.dinancars.com/product/d44...6-n55-engines/

After reading a few reviews by folks who installed it on their F30 and F15, I decided to jump on it...you cant go wrong with Dinan right?

This is my first engine tune and I didn't know what to expect. Was it going to be jerky? Was any gain in power going to be in my head--all just placebo?

Let me just say that this product is great and the difference is noticeable, especially after a few days when you forget you have the tune...until you don't and realize where that extra kick is coming from. The difference isn't as substantial as going to a N55 3.0 engine, but its an improvement nonetheless. The gear shifts are still very smooth not jerky at all, complaints that I have heard with other tunes. Install was quick and very simple. The app is only available on Android at the moment and, which is fine, and lets you change from Sport, Sport+, Race, and Valet. I've been using it in Sport+ on Octane 91 but have not yet tried Race mode, which needs Octane 93 and will try that next week during after my next fill up. I also don't know exactly how much extra HP/TQ I'm gaining at different RPMs but there is a graph on the website for reference (albeit for the B48 engine) that shows peak gains at 3000rpm and 4000-4500rpm, which is exactly where I feel it. As you accelerate and get over 2500, you feel this extra pull of the vehicle that you haven't before....and that brings a smile to my face

For the price, you cant go wrong with this tune. It adds that little extra power the N20 engine needs. I'm sure the Racechip that I originally wanted would have been better, but its also quite a bit more money. If anyone is thinking of an engine tune, this is a good product without!
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2023, 05:49 PM   #2
seadj
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 35i

does anyone have a x3 35i and used the Dinantronics x plug and play on it. Want to see how it worked out for you and how the upgrade was.
Appreciate 0