BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-01-2013, 03:10 AM   #1
76C++
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 35D MSPORT

A Winter Trip

Hello All,

Just back from a trip to France with the X3.............. 2000 miles in a week! and not a single beat missed, we had planned to take 3 days to get to Sigean on the med, we made Orleans our first stop(great city) and then had so much fun driving we just kept going and arrived at 18.30 the next day, then up to Font Remeu for a look at skiing and then head back via Lyon,Dijon and Reims.

For the motorway, most of the time I was 80/95 mph and expecting the worst on arrival at home I checked the journey computer, quiet a surprize let me try and attach a photo.

Cheers
76C++
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 03:21 AM   #2
Chris55
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35d M Sport

How did you feel with the X3 in the south of France such as security, theft, parking etc?

I live in Switzerland and take mine to the Alsace region with no problem, but somehow feel a bit uncomfortable taking it to big cities in France and the region of Nice Monaco etc..
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 03:51 AM   #3
plymjack
Nuclear Chief of the Watch
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 (F25) 2.0D, i3 BEV

Great set of numbers, (we posted a similar set recently), hope you enjoyed the drive as much as we did.

We have driven a lot in France and never had a concern with parking or security. The X3 deos not seem to present any issues here for us.
Sony QX10 & GoPro Hero 3
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 04:09 AM   #4
Rodion
First Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: X3 (F25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris55 View Post
How did you feel with the X3 in the south of France such as security, theft, parking etc?

I live in Switzerland and take mine to the Alsace region with no problem, but somehow feel a bit uncomfortable taking it to big cities in France and the region of Nice Monaco etc..
I drove last year with mine in Poland, Slovak, Slovenia... in rural areas. I felt a bit unsure, but nothing really happened. I am glad slavish people want to show off when they are rich -> I saw a lot of S series AMG Mercs and so on -> my car was probably not that interesting.

And OP: is that 8.07 l/100km?

Our last year trip was this on computer:

Appreciate 0