BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-18-2012, 10:21 AM   #2003
swfrom07
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtrick123 View Post
Can I get USB + Bluetooth integration without Nav?
When I say USB i.e. track listing and album art?

What size display is on a non-nav X3?
You need to get the option for Bluetooth integration with USB (costs £265) to play songs via USB.
The display size is 6.5 inches. Should display Track, Album and Artist info on the display but does not show album art unless I am missing out on something.

Should be something similar to the pic below
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 12:20 PM   #2004
vojak
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 Competition Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by swfrom07 View Post
Lovely pics Vojak,
Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 12:29 PM   #2005
vojak
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Back again :-)

Is there any extra which you would class as essential? Subjective question :-)
I would agree with other's comments about a camera or perhaps the tilting dimming mirror option.

The last thing you want is curbed alloys so the mirrors give a view of the curb when reversing.

The reversing camera is very good. The car is large and although its fitted with sensors, with the camera parking is a breeze. Top view gives an excellent view around 3 sides of the car if you can run to it. My 2p worth.
Cheers
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 02:30 PM   #2006
SR40X3
Private
Rep
Drives: X3

Pi$$ed off about the USB...didn't realise it was only £265! Damn!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 03:14 PM   #2007
ChessToon
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Mini Countryman 2.0SD All4 Aut

Titanium Silver M Sport X3 - Collected today

Happy to say that I was able to collect my car today. Also fortunate that the weather has been kind today and stayed dry for me to enjoy the car.

First impressions are very positive. This includes feedback from the rest of the family.

I have taken a few pictures which are attached below:

Attachment 708946

Attachment 708948

Attachment 708949

Attachment 708944

Attachment 708947

Attachment 708950

Attachment 708945

I will take some better ones in due course, but I've got to say I'm very happy with the colour and the look of the M Sport.

Will post a full review once a reasonable mileage has been covered.

Attached Images

Harmon Kardon Speaker Upgrade.
TLC

Last edited by ChessToon; 06-18-2012 at 03:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 03:26 PM   #2008
Cropwell
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d msport xdrive

Comes up with invalid attachment ?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 03:29 PM   #2009
dnw
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 / 2014 520d MS

After two car washes by the local dealer (when in for warranty issues ) my X3 was covered in micro scratches and I have taken the plunge and am having it paint corrected / professionally detailed. At 2 months old...

I will post some pics (the first ones!) when it is done. I will also never, ever, let a dealer touch it again.
      06-18-2012, 04:12 PM   #2010
kingbadger
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 (F25) 3.0D MSport

First Pics of my 3.0D CB MSport

Poor excuse I know, but I blame the English weather. I've had "her" since 1st June and I am only now posting my first pics. I went to the Cholmondeley Pageant of Power on Saturday and the parking grounds were a mudbath. Then, on Sunday it didn't rain. And it was cool. So 4 hours and some (well, quite a lot really) Autoglym High Definition Wax later I feel she's ready to be shared. Note the colour - in the first it looks black. Then it gets a little bit bluer, then, in the last with the open tailgate you can see it looks really blue. And this is the same camera (my iPhone) with pics taken within a few minutes of each other. The only significant variable is the angle of reflection. Needless to say I love it. Totally. However, if I had a spare £1.2M I might be tempted to be unfaithful and snap up one of the last Aston Martin One-77s. Apparently of the 77 to be made, 18 are unsold. More than one owner has bought two. One to drive, one to treasure. Ah well....
Attached Images

06-18-2012, 04:18 PM   #2011
Cropwell
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d msport xdrive

My dealer uses a machine to wash cars so this is why they come back scratched.
Last time they rang me up on a service follow up call I told them to scrap the machine and employ a bunch of eastern european workers to do a proper hand wash.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 04:32 PM   #2012
x3driverUK
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cropwell View Post
My dealer uses a machine to wash cars so this is why they come back scratched.
Last time they rang me up on a service follow up call I told them to scrap the machine and employ a bunch of eastern european workers to do a proper hand wash.
I hope they ignored your completely ignorant comment.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 04:43 PM   #2013
gareth3685
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2.0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnw View Post
After two car washes by the local dealer (when in for warranty issues ) my X3 was covered in micro scratches and I have taken the plunge and am having it paint corrected / professionally detailed. At 2 months old...

I will post some pics (the first ones!) when it is done. I will also never, ever, let a dealer touch it again.
Can you name the dealer so we can avoid?!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 10:50 PM   #2014
vojak
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessToon View Post
Happy to say that I was able to collect my car today. Also fortunate that the weather has been kind today and stayed dry for me to enjoy the car.

First impressions are very positive. This includes feedback from the rest of the family.

I have taken a few pictures which are attached below:

I will take some better ones in due course, but I've got to say I'm very happy with the colour and the look of the M Sport.

Will post a full review once a reasonable mileage has been covered.

Looking good!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 10:52 PM   #2015
vojak
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbadger View Post
Poor excuse I know, but I blame the English weather. I've had "her" since 1st June and I am only now posting my first pics. I went to the Cholmondeley Pageant of Power on Saturday and the parking grounds were a mudbath. Then, on Sunday it didn't rain. And it was cool. So 4 hours and some (well, quite a lot really) Autoglym High Definition Wax later I feel she's ready to be shared. Note the colour - in the first it looks black. Then it gets a little bit bluer, then, in the last with the open tailgate you can see it looks really blue. And this is the same camera (my iPhone) with pics taken within a few minutes of each other. The only significant variable is the angle of reflection. Needless to say I love it. Totally. However, if I had a spare £1.2M I might be tempted to be unfaithful and snap up one of the last Aston Martin One-77s. Apparently of the 77 to be made, 18 are unsold. More than one owner has bought two. One to drive, one to treasure. Ah well....
Very nice, I do like that colour
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 02:03 AM   #2016
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F25 xDrive 20d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cropwell View Post
I told them to scrap the machine and employ a bunch of eastern european workers to do a proper hand wash.
Lol. Am definitely not going to let any dealer put my F25 thru a machine wash. Hand jobs rule
      06-19-2012, 03:42 AM   #2017
Broch
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 35d M-Sport

Quote:
After two car washes by the local dealer (when in for warranty issues ) my X3 was covered in micro scratches. I will also never, ever, let a dealer touch it again.
Same happened with me even after twice insisting that the garage did not wash my car. (This was whilst watching a new car getting the door shuts being power washed)
Picked the car up 2 days later and discovered that the paintwork was covered in minor scratches
Emailed the garage once I seen the damage and got a phone call from the manager 6 weeks after to ask about my email.
He could only offer his apologies.

I don't think I'll ever be in Dundee again.
      06-19-2012, 04:11 AM   #2018
swfrom07
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR40X3 View Post
Pi$$ed off about the USB...didn't realise it was only £265! Damn!
Check if the dealer can fit the USB as an optional extra? I dont know if I misread it, but do the US specc'ed cars come with a USB in the glovebox too?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 04:30 AM   #2019
philtrick123
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by swfrom07 View Post
Check if the dealer can fit the USB as an optional extra? I dont know if I misread it, but do the US specc'ed cars come with a USB in the glovebox too?
I suspect like most modern cars the USB addition is just a cable to the back of the head unit. Why it cost £265 is beyond me. Budget cars offer free USB now- its an easy win, why not BMW.

I suspose its the same argument about 'free' Wifi at hotels. Cheap hotels tend to offer it as free, 4 and 5 star tend to charge lots of money.
Some type of reverse thinking going on?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 04:44 AM   #2020
swfrom07
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I suspect like most modern cars the USB addition is just a cable to the back of the head unit. Why it cost £265 is beyond me. Budget cars offer free USB now- its an easy win, why not BMW.

I suspose its the same argument about 'free' Wifi at hotels. Cheap hotels tend to offer it as free, 4 and 5 star tend to charge lots of money.
Some type of reverse thinking going on?
I guess it comes down to demand. If there are people ready to pay for options then the manufacturers will make sure they charge for every option possible.

I do defo agree that charging for USB is a bit OTT but I guess BMW can and so they do. I bet when the X3 goes through a LCI update they will be standard. I think they are standard on the new 3 series and 5 series.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 09:31 AM   #2021
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Don't waste your time trying to track on WW with VIN, it doesn't work any longer for UK deliveries. The reason being that the pre delivery prep is now all done in Bremmerhaven, so the car gets unloaded there, spends a day or two, then comes on to the UK. I think this is what screws up the WW ability to track. The good news is that it goes straight to the dealer from Southampton instead of up country to the UK inspection centre (can't remember where it is) and back again, so no net loss in time.
This ties in with what my dealer told me. However, surely there is still a possibility of damage whilst en route from Bremerhaven to Southampton?

Last edited by Yeltzer; 06-19-2012 at 10:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 02:45 PM   #2022
merdemir
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 F25

For the question above i havent got Nav but i have bluetooth option and it shows up album artwork through USB connection in armrest
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 07:52 AM   #2023
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Anybody got any deliveries confirmed for the weekend?! I'm hanging on the telephone for my dealer to call me
      06-20-2012, 08:04 AM   #2024
gareth3685
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2.0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by merdemir View Post
For the question above i havent got Nav but i have bluetooth option and it shows up album artwork through USB connection in armrest
That's interesting. I've got the same setup and don't get artwork. Pretty sure the images are there on my USB stick as they show up in our Mini (that does have nav).
Appreciate 0