BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-13-2013, 12:40 PM   #1
USAF Chief
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 3.5i

All great, any thing not so great?

first off before throwing off of the site. Picked up a 2013 3.5 X3 with about 7k miles on it and love it. Gave up a Rav4 Sport for it and not even in the same league as you all know. I looked over the list of all the surprises and what people love or were not aware of what the X3 has. However, I didn't see or haven't seen anything of what you would have wanted or expected but didn't find. My biggest issue was storage. I, as most of you, have run-flat tires...so my question is...what the heck happened to all of that storage? I had so many storage and hiding places in the Rav that I do not in the X3. In addition, the Rav second row seats would move back and forth as well as recline back and forth. I really do miss storage areas, don't care about back seat....don't sit back there. Please let us know what you think it should have but doesn't or thought it had but doesn't. I love the X3 and cannot wait to drive down to South France in 2 weeks to check out cruise control at 100 mph....ah love living in Europe.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 12:52 PM   #2
Tangsta
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '22 x3 M40i

I noticed a huge difference in cargo room between my friend's Rav4 and my X3 on a camping trip last year.

While the exterior dimensions of both aren't too far off, the Rav4 has a much shorter nose/hood, and as a result tons more cabin and storage space.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 01:13 PM   #3
wrp
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 x28i

The clutch and gear shift is missing - the 8 speed auto is not good.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 01:56 PM   #4
The X Men
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

The RAV4's cargo area is also much lower than the X3's. The Germans like to put the bettery and electronics under the trunk area.
Appreciate 0