BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-29-2012, 05:53 AM   #1
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: A Number 4

Samsung Galaxy S3 & Mp3

Hi,

after owning almost 2 years a Samsung galaxy S, I moved 2 weeks ago to the S3. In the last monthes of Galaxy S use, The bluetooth connection was crashing the phone all time with my X3. So a good reason to change. S3 and X3 connect well and quicky. I m happy now that I can read the incomming sms. Emails cant' be read, probably because I don't use gmail services. I use Exchange services on my S3. Internet connection is stil impossible, telling me that the service is not available in Switzerland !

THE WROST : on my Galaxy S, I had about 900 mp3 that was read without any trouble by the X3 with the USB cable in the armrest. The X3 recognize only 530 mp3 from the same list on my S3, and the X3 is not able to read any of the 530 files! The only way to play mp3 is via the BT connection. Not the easiest way to use it.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 05:19 AM   #2
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

This weekend I moved my mp3 files from one folder to another one on my Galaxy S3. Hoping it will solve the problem. But It was not the case. While start playing the 1st file, the I drive screen displays the song name of another title! After 10 second of playing the song, there is a 3 seconds OFF. No music nothing!

So I was asking myself; my previous phone had 16 Gb, this new one has 32 Gb. Isn't it the trouble? that I drive can't handle with device more than 20 Gb or 30 Gb?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 05:35 PM   #3
Polar_Bimmer
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 (F25) xDrive 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANK_CH View Post
So I was asking myself; my previous phone had 16 Gb, this new one has 32 Gb. Isn't it the trouble? that I drive can't handle with device more than 20 Gb or 30 Gb?
I don't think it's a problem. No problem with my old iPod Touch (64 gb) and no problem with my new iPhone (32 gb), everything works fine.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2012, 03:28 PM   #4
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

It seems that the galaxy s3 use MTP protocol now and not anymore the USB mass storage protocol. Could this be the reason?

One good news. I was able to connect to internet with the Idrive. Fun
Appreciate 0