BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-16-2014, 03:50 PM   #23
AlphaMendoza
Admiral
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 LCI 20D

UK LCI landed!

Hate to be smug, but my X3 LCI has just arrived in Southampton port. Being off loaded today. 2.0D SE in Saphire Black. Will update again next week. Looking to get it in next 2 weeks.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 05:00 PM   #24
cumbrianlad
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffLittleUnit View Post
Just got my delivery date ... January 2015.

Yes. Next year. WTF???
That's a surprise. Mine ordered early April for September delivery. Recent conversations with dealer indicate it's on course for there abouts. Currently looking at a mid August build. (Unless my dealer's not telling me something!)
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 05:41 PM   #25
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 LCI 2.0d X-Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaMendoza View Post
Hate to be smug, but my X3 LCI has just arrived in Southampton port. Being off loaded today. 2.0D SE in Saphire Black. Will update again next week. Looking to get it in next 2 weeks.
Can't wait to see photos.. is it definitely the 2014 LCI ? What colour seats you go?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 08:35 PM   #26
AlphaMendoza
Admiral
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounderboy View Post
Can't wait to see photos.. is it definitely the 2014 LCI ? What colour seats you go?
It better be an LCI - or its going back to USA!
Oyster interior
Not X-Line
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2014, 02:08 AM   #27
Andy-tonsberg
Rep
Drives: Z3

LCI due soon!

Hi new to forum, I ordered my LCI on the first day you could in the UK - Feb 21st and was advised it would be late June. Had a call from my dealer last week advising it was already on the high seas and it will be with me on the 27th May - one of the first in the UK.

Have gone for the X Line 2.0 D X drive in Deep Sea Blue and Black Nevada, adding Priofesional Navigation, extended storage and folding mirrors.

I have had a number of BMW,s but this is the first I have brought without seeing it! Can't wait now!
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2014, 03:51 AM   #28
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep

How exciting for you. - wonder how long the boat ride takes - quite a trip!
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2014, 03:59 AM   #29
Kermit
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335d xDrive Shadow Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy-tonsberg View Post
Hi new to forum, I ordered my LCI on the first day you could in the UK - Feb 21st and was advised it would be late June. Had a call from my dealer last week advising it was already on the high seas and it will be with me on the 27th May - one of the first in the UK.

Have gone for the X Line 2.0 D X drive in Deep Sea Blue and Black Nevada, adding Priofesional Navigation, extended storage and folding mirrors.

I have had a number of BMW,s but this is the first I have brought without seeing it! Can't wait now!
Hi there. I'm new here too. I've got a deep sea blue xLine due for build first week of June. If you take the odd photo when you pick it up(!) I'd be really keen to see the photos! I think the blue looks really good on the X3.

Is it sad that I've got the names of the possible ships and the dates they get into Southampton on my calendar?! Going to stop talking now so as not to jinx the whole thing!
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2014, 04:01 AM   #30
Kermit
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounderboy View Post
How exciting for you. - wonder how long the boat ride takes - quite a trip!
Depending on the route it's either a 19 or 22 day voyage from Charleston to Southampton.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2014, 04:17 AM   #31
cumbrianlad
Enlisted Member
Rep

I finally settled on 2.0D Xline in Melbourne Red with Mocha Sports Seats and Lumbar supports. Added Visibility Pack and Professional Media Pack. Previous and current X3s were black so wanted a change, originally went for White when I ordered - I'm not keen on spending extra on paint, but decided there are two many white cars on the road along with greys, silver etc so wanted something a bit different (nothing against white other than that). Couldn't really make my mind up between Melbourne Red, Deep Sea Blue and Sparkling Brown, but have finally settled on the Red.
Original order was for an SE with the Media Pack, but have ended up changing to Xline and adding the Vis pack and seats. Justified the extras price wise as the ordered car with similar spec was cheaper per month than my current so could add a few extras. Ends up with my changes a little more per month now but not hugely so.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2014, 04:23 AM   #32
cumbrianlad
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
It better be an LCI - or its going back to USA!
Oyster interior
Not X-Line
Should make reference on your order to LCI and/or Engine being a B47 for the 2L
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2014, 09:18 AM   #33
AlphaMendoza
Admiral
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cumbrianlad View Post
Should make reference on your order to LCI and/or Engine being a B47 for the 2L
Yes its OK - dealer order says B47 - so it should be an LCI model!
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2014, 11:10 AM   #34
cc3
Major
Rep
Drives: 1M, GT4, M2 M140i G40

Very high demand worldwide for this type of vehicle. X4 also now added into mix with no added plant capacity. Macan has 12 month plus order book. X5 also very hard to obtain. All premium manufactures working flat out but can't keep up with demand for SUV's. US seems to get priority on allocation in the rest of the world we have to wait! Good for second hand vehicles.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2014, 12:20 PM   #35
Andy-tonsberg
Rep
Drives: Z3

Hi,

My dealer has already used up his total group allocation, (all of Devon and Cornwall) they currently have 15 X3 LCI,s on order and last week he tried to order an SE spec for a customer and the system gave a date of March 2015 provisional!

He thinks I was lucky to get mine so quick and has even said I could sell it at a premium if I didn't like it!
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2014, 04:55 PM   #36
riguy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 X3 M-Sport 28i

Garage List
wow guys...that really bites. US does seem to get preferred order fulfillment, I wonder why...money's money, right? I wonder if the same holds true in EU, do they get cars earlier than the states?

Not to run salt on the wound, but mine literally went into production the day after I placed the order. I even thought that was odd...LOL

Anyways...it'll be worth it in the end!
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2014, 03:57 AM   #37
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep

Wow I am getting worried now...
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2014, 10:32 AM   #38
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cumbrianlad View Post
I finally settled on 2.0D Xline in Melbourne Red
Great colour choice and with the xLine the chrome highlights look fantastic. I've been looking at dealer pics from the US and it looks so much better than on the BMW configurator. Unfortunately xLine wasn't an option available to me so I compensated with quite a few other toys instead.

I chose the red mainly on the basis that it's a new colour for the X3 so should be that bit more individual for a time. I'm currently in a space grey X3 and it seems that pretty much every other X3 I see is SG or AW.
      05-19-2014, 10:15 AM   #39
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep

Just had word back that my car has a provisional build date of Late October. So probably have to assume its going to be December before i get my car - does that sound right based on others experiences?
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 04:18 PM   #40
gisad88
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2005 X3 (sold) - 2015 X3 2.0

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I still have my first-gen X3 which generally did not have good reviews. However, contrary to the nay-sayers, I continue to have better-than-expected experience with it.

Anyways, as with the other posts, I also placed an order to replace my beloved first-gen two Saturdays back, and was informed that the expected delivery is end of October 2014. The dealer informed me though that this date gets pushed earlier as the planned date comes nearer. Is this the usual experience?
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 02:17 AM   #41
elmizmo
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
Hi there. I'm new here too. I've got a deep sea blue xLine due for build first week of June. If you take the odd photo when you pick it up(!) I'd be really keen to see the photos! I think the blue looks really good on the X3.

Is it sad that I've got the names of the possible ships and the dates they get into Southampton on my calendar?! Going to stop talking now so as not to jinx the whole thing!
Hi, also new and also ordered a deep sea blue X3 (xdrive20d).
The dealer had one spare slot left for production in June, delivery (to Belgium) expected in August.
Can't wait.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2014, 05:09 PM   #42
Exmor
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3

X3 on the ship!

Ordered X3 in Feb, built end April, waiting at Charleston port 2 days ago, and from a ship tracker web site I see that the Fedora vehicle carrier sailed yesterday arriving Bremerhaven on 30th May and on to Southhampton on 3rd June before returning to USA - so looks like we'll get it w/c 10th June. Google ship tracker and then the ship name to see where your X3 is!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2014, 05:54 PM   #43
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Any news on your X3 - you picked up yet?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2014, 01:11 AM   #44
Kermit
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy-tonsberg View Post

You collecting tomorrow still?
Appreciate 0