BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-20-2012, 11:14 PM   #1
xroyalflush
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X3 28i

2012 X3 28i question ..

This is my first time posting on here even though I've already owned a 1 series in the past..
Soo.. the thing that's happening with my X3 now is that when it's colder (I'm from south Texas) which means we regularly don't have very long winters, and spring is warm, my x3 seems to shake a little more on the wheel but especially on the seats. I've only noticed it in colder mornings even though the ride is still smooth, it feels like it's not driving as it should be..
I'm kind of not wanting to take it to the dealership because I'm afraid that they'll tell me what they usually say, "it's normal" .. So, I've been meaning to post something here and hoping that someone has had a similar experience/or knows something about what might be happening..
thANKS!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 11:57 PM   #2
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by xroyalflush View Post
This is my first time posting on here even though I've already owned a 1 series in the past..
Soo.. the thing that's happening with my X3 now is that when it's colder (I'm from south Texas) which means we regularly don't have very long winters, and spring is warm, my x3 seems to shake a little more on the wheel but especially on the seats. I've only noticed it in colder mornings even though the ride is still smooth, it feels like it's not driving as it should be..
I'm kind of not wanting to take it to the dealership because I'm afraid that they'll tell me what they usually say, "it's normal" .. So, I've been meaning to post something here and hoping that someone has had a similar experience/or knows something about what might be happening..
thANKS!
The car has run-flats, and when run-flats sit for a long time in the cold, they can develop temporary flat spots that typically go away after a few minutes of driving. They're not particularly significant or detrimental in any way to driving dynamics, just a little annoying.

Either that, or you (or someone else) hit a pothole and put a bubble in one of your tires.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 03:08 PM   #3
xroyalflush
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X3 28i

Thanks for the info!!!
Appreciate 0