BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-17-2010, 05:55 PM   #45
Waffle
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 xDrive20d SE

Thanks. Old Kingdom back on the 4th October provided some inspiration early on.

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/attach...1&d=1286221971

Don't need help on any extras. Wavewood was originally Satin Silver. DAB added (when are manufactaurers going to install as standard). Also added Extended Storage (can't believe you don't get pockets on the back of seats)
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2010, 09:16 PM   #46
Brutus1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 x3 -Alpine white

Question

Has anyone been charged $199 for "theft deterrent"? Obviously I did not notice that after placing my order and have yet to check with my CA.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2010, 04:06 AM   #47
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus1 View Post
Has anyone been charged $199 for "theft deterrent"? Obviously I did not notice that after placing my order and have yet to check with my CA.
Not sure what that covers? Is it a tracking device or do you not get locks your side odf the pond???

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2010, 06:17 AM   #48
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffle View Post
Thanks. Old Kingdom back on the 4th October provided some inspiration early on.

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/attach...1&d=1286221971

Don't need help on any extras. Wavewood was originally Satin Silver. DAB added (when are manufactaurers going to install as standard). Also added Extended Storage (can't believe you don't get pockets on the back of seats)
Agree re. DAB! This should be standard on all new premium cars by now. I'm not that surprised BMW charge for this though. In contrast, new VW Touaregs have DAB and SatNav as standard

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2010, 12:16 PM   #49
mjjc1972
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0d SE

New X3 on order....

Just re-registered with my new details....

Order placed back on 25th Nov, with a mid March 2011 promised as ETA.....company car though, so who knows.

Couldn't face leaving the 520d MSport at home with the snow anymore....

Anyway, I ordered:

X3 (F25) 2.0d SE Auto
Professional Media Package
Dynamic Package
Jet Black (Solid)
Grey band windscreen
Servotronic steering
Fineline wave wood
Black nevada leather

Tried a Q5 - too firm, too offset, too expensive, too much CO2
Tried a LR Freelander 2 - too soft, too much CO2

Bloody snow - can't wait till next year!

I have an HTC Desire - what will I need for full functionality with the Prof Media Pack?
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2010, 01:12 PM   #50
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjjc1972 View Post
Just re-registered with my new details....

Order placed back on 25th Nov, with a mid March 2011 promised as ETA.....company car though, so who knows.
mjjc1972 what was your previous log in name?

Delivery seems optimistic? Ask your dealer to see the order page on their system or confirm the production week

As posted before mine was ordered 15th Nov and has a production date of 8th Feb with ETA at dealer 4th April (your dealer might have had a reserved build slot?) otherwise yours should be minimum of 10 days behind mine or perhaps they will be shipped on same boat??

Agree on C02 emissions, BMW has it all sewn up! (plus better mpg and 0-62 vs competition)

My 520d was shocking in a few cms of snow in Bicester on Thursday afternoon

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2010, 02:29 PM   #51
mjjc1972
Enlisted Member
Rep

Couldn't find my previous log in details.

No details from BMW: my lease company (LexAutolease) has an estimated stock date of 17th March (requested date was 09/03/11)......it comes when it comes.....

Has anyone else tried the Q5? I must say, I'd have been happy in a LR FL2 if it wasn't for the CO2; the Q5 was defintely 'sporty', but it didn't have the feel of the X3 - I just felt that I'd be underpowered, underspecced and overbudget....

I'm also sort of annoyed that the M-Sport package isn't out until late Spring! Why not have it ready with the SE launch? However, if I'd gone for that, I may not have gone for Prof Media and Auto, so swings and roundabouts I suppose....
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2010, 02:48 PM   #52
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Couldn't find my previous log in details.

No details from BMW: my lease company (LexAutolease) has an estimated stock date of 17th March (requested date was 09/03/11)......it comes when it comes.....

I'm also sort of annoyed that the M-Sport package isn't out until late Spring! Why not have it ready with the SE launch? However, if I'd gone for that, I may not have gone for Prof Media and Auto, so swings and roundabouts I suppose....
Anythings possible on delivery front (dealers/lease companies probably reserved build slots?) I asked for mine for end of Feb at the time of order.

March/April will come soon enough

M sport bodykit certainly looks good (especially the fact that all trim is boy coloured) but not keen on the hard ride that comes with it, 8 speed auto and prof media more than makes up for it!

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2010, 04:28 PM   #53
mjjc1972
Enlisted Member
Rep

One thing I got some advice from the dealer on.......I asked about the Variable Damper Control vs the Dynamic Pack. They advised that the dynamic pack stiffens the suspension upto around the 'sport' setting of the VDC rather than all the way to 'sport+', and that both the stiffer settings on VDC still give a comfortable ride compared with the E83. I went for the dynamic pack because you get at least the 18" Y spokes (nice), and with the performance control, sports seats and sports steering wheel, it seemed good value for money

I test drove an auto without the standard suspension (no VDC) and while it was absolutely fine, my experience with my 520d M-Sport (which I find very comfortable) suggested I would find the sports suspension within the dynamic pack most agreeable.

I guess it's what your used to......compared with the Audi's I've owned, my 520d M-Sport is a much better balance, with no 'crashing' over bumps.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 05:53 AM   #54
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Has anyone else tried the Q5? I must say, I'd have been happy in a LR FL2 if it wasn't for the CO2; the Q5 was defintely 'sporty', but it didn't have the feel of the X3 - I just felt that I'd be underpowered, underspecced and overbudget....
I test drove the Q5 before opting for the X3 and agree re. the feel completely. The Q5 seats weren't as comfortable IMO and the seating position felt all wrong. There was no contest for me after getting behind the wheel of an X3. I have gone for the dynamic pack too so I hope the sports suspension is still comfortable. Couldn't afford VDC with all the other options I've added!

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2010, 11:16 PM   #55
Sabian
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 35i Mineral

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMER UK 76 View Post
Looking good in black!

The X3 is not bad either, is she a genuine BMW accessory and does anyonw know the bmw part number????

Looks great in black for sure. Too bad that video is gone now it seems... However, we have a replacement!

Warning, I apologize if anyone finds this too offensive, but it is an official X3 debut... Serously though, the X3 does look amazing in black!

Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 01:34 AM   #56
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

[QUOTE=Sabian;8590294][QUOTE=BIMMER UK 76;8481324]Looking good in black!

The X3 is not bad either, is she a genuine BMW accessory and does anyonw know the bmw part number????

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnIdjqDtvMM

Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 03:05 AM   #57
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabian View Post
Looks great in black for sure. Too bad that video is gone now it seems... However, we have a replacement!

Warning, I apologize if anyone finds this too offensive, but it is an official X3 debut... Serously though, the X3 does look amazing in black!
Thoroughly offended - so much so that ive saved it to my favourites

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 03:24 AM   #58
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

My last reply got corrupted. Was using the iphone and something went wrong. It was supposed to say this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabian View Post
Quote:
Looking good in black!

Haha, I thought the offence warning would pertain to bad language. Wasn't expecting that!

Thank God those two weren't there when my wife and I went to see a new X3 for the first time! I'd have to quickly clarify that the girls didn't come as part of the Dynamic Handling package!

Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 03:28 AM   #59
Lotus7
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus1 View Post
Is this a new dealer scam?

Both the 2011 X3 28i and 35i include "BMW Equipment No. 302 - Anti theft alarm system" as Standard Equipment.

It's probably an extra charge from the dealer for them to NOT leave the car in their lot with the doors opened and the key inside. OR, maybe for cars delivered in Tennessee, they weld the doors shut and sever the fuel lines to deter thieves.

My "Vehicle Order Accepted" Status 111 printout (the official printout page with my production number) has no mention of a "theft deterrent, although it has every ordered option and accessory code we requested.

Interestingly, the Vehicle Order did have line items listed for both "MACO" (Dealer's advertising cost) and the hyper-bogus "Training/Service Fee" (we should pay the dealer extra for learning how to sell the car!)

On my order both of these were priced at "NC", although I've heard of buyers finding a MACO of $500 to 700 on their new BMWs from certain dealers.

Last edited by Lotus7; 12-31-2010 at 03:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 02:42 PM   #60
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Looking good in black!

The X3 is not bad either, is she a genuine BMW accessory and does anyone know the bmw part number????

Its back on

Worth a good watch

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 04:56 PM   #61
Brutus1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 x3 -Alpine white

Hey Lotus7! Still don't have an answer for you about that ? charge. I am awaiting an email hopefully from my CA but did check my invoice and thought I would share charges.

Owner Protection Package-$695 Processing Fee-$498
Theft Deterrent- $199 Tag Fee- $99

We may have hoodlums around here but that is what I have insurance for!

Still don't have a production date but a tentative Performance Center pick-up on February 7 (fingers crossed).
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 05:29 PM   #62
Sp82
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5/G30 5er

alarm is standard.. I was not charged anything for it.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2011, 11:45 AM   #63
mjjc1972
Enlisted Member
Rep

Dynamic Pack

There seems to be a few threads regarding the VDC (variable damper control).....I went for the dymamic pack with 'sports' suspension as standard. Dealer is saying that this makes the X3 with this option compare against a standard X3 as being equivalent to a 5 series SE vs 5 series M-Sport (the E60 version). Whilst the VDC is an intriguing option, apparently there are a large number of people with it who are leaving it in 'sport' setting all the time! It's not that the common feeling is that 'normal' is too soft, or 'sport+' too harsh, it seems to be that 'sport' just happens to be the most popular setting.

There are some drivers who do use the 3 settings, but early feedback is suggesting that people 'expect' a firmer ride from BMW, and that 18" runflats with the 'sport' setting on the VDC is a preferred 'feel'. It was this info that made me go for the dymanic pack (UK spec) which gives you sports seats, performance control, 308 style Y-spoke allows, sports steering wheel and sports suspension. The VDC was a £910 option.

Time will tell, but my 520d M-Sport is extremely comfortable, and if the X3 is anything like that, the miles will pass blissfully. If not, I'll simply drive myself off a cliff.........

Other thoughts re VDC vs Sports Suspension?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2011, 12:37 PM   #64
Dobs
Rep
Drives: F25 xdrive20d

Dynamic Pack

mjjc1972,

Got the same story from BMW technical regarding Dynamic PAck suspension being roughly the same as the sport setting. I thought though that the dynamic dampers only came with VDC? So the dynamic pack may have different spring rates or dampers.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2011, 12:52 PM   #65
mjjc1972
Enlisted Member
Rep

Dynamic Pack

Dobs,

The dampers within the UK dymanic pack are fixed rate dampers - no adjustment. They offer a faster damping rate (and therefore slightly firmer ride) than the standard non-adjustable dampers that you get with VDC.

I guess it just depends on the ride height (damper travel related) and damper stiffness; there will be a specification for the dampers on the dynamic pack, and I guess BMW just designed this rate as the 'sports' setting on the VDC.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 01:55 PM   #66
Dobs
Rep
Drives: F25 xdrive20d

I changed my spec from Dynamic Pack to VDC for three reasons.

1) My 520d E60 crashed through potholes but was unstable in a strong side wind or through a poorly surfaced corner/manhole cover, so standard suspension was not an option on the X

2) The 520d Touring F11 has pretty poor write ups with standard suspension

3) 3 series M-Sport suspension always seem to hard to me.

I do admit the DP is a nice package though. I specced the sports seats and Performance Control but have got over the need for big wheels and the sports steering wheel (i'll probably kick myself when it arrives though!).

Last edited by Dobs; 01-11-2011 at 01:58 PM.. Reason: Performance control not dynamic drive
Appreciate 0