BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-05-2015, 05:34 PM   #23
thenew3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7, 2016 X3, 2021 MME

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyhusky View Post
Wow, nice, definitely you can get it before Thanksgiving. The only thing may delay it is snowstorm during delivery, but you seem to live in West Coast so no worry about that!

Mine was delivered to dealership yesterday night, I called the dealer in the morning, he said he needed a little time to prepare it for me, so it should be ready to pick up this afternoon, I'm still waiting for his call...

It took a little bit more than 2 weeks, from the time I signed the deal and the time the car is ready, it is super fast to me!!!

Now the status is released to carrier and awaiting transportation to port of exit.

Hopefully that means it's either on a train or will be on a train shortly to Oxnard CA where it will be trucked to Monterey.

Getting exciting. Looking like if nothing goes wrong, we should get it by thanksgiving!

Where are the pictures luckyhusky? Or are you too busy out driving the new X3?
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2015, 12:22 AM   #24
NS324
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

That's great news thenew3! Hopefully the wait for the transport ends soon.

For me it's been a week since I ordered (though it feels like months). Still no production date.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2015, 10:32 AM   #25
thenew3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NS324 View Post

For me it's been a week since I ordered (though it feels like months). Still no production date.
Did you call your dealer and ask them for an estimated production week?

Nothing showed up online until after it went into production. I was able to get an estimated week from my dealer.

I ordered on 10/9 and was told on 10/10 they modified a production slot for my specs. then a few days later was told the production was scheduled for week 45 (this week) but that it may end up being a week earlier or later. Turned it it went into production a week earlier.

Today the 800# is saying the vehicle is at the port awaiting shipping while the web site still shows it in production.

good luck!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2015, 03:01 PM   #26
jponline77
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 35i M Sport

Got my VIN number today... Looks like I'm going into production. I'm hoping to have mine by mid-December. 1 week production, 2 weeks to ship to California, 1 week to ship to Vancouver, then 1 week sitting around waiting for pick-up... This seems to happen from what I read.

Got a road trip planned for Christmas. Would be nice to be able to take the X3.

JP
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2015, 07:50 PM   #27
NS324
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenew3 View Post
Did you call your dealer and ask them for an estimated production week?

Nothing showed up online until after it went into production. I was able to get an estimated week from my dealer.

I ordered on 10/9 and was told on 10/10 they modified a production slot for my specs. then a few days later was told the production was scheduled for week 45 (this week) but that it may end up being a week earlier or later. Turned it it went into production a week earlier.

Today the 800# is saying the vehicle is at the port awaiting shipping while the web site still shows it in production.

good luck!
Thanks for the suggestion! Spoke with the dealer and got a VIN; the 800# was aware of this VIN and identified an expected completion date. (By now though, specifying the production number also results in the system identifying the date; must have been updated since my last call on Friday.) Just as in your case, the website does not reflect the updated information.
      11-08-2015, 08:24 PM   #28
NS324
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jponline77 View Post
Got my VIN number today... Looks like I'm going into production. I'm hoping to have mine by mid-December. 1 week production, 2 weeks to ship to California, 1 week to ship to Vancouver, then 1 week sitting around waiting for pick-up... This seems to happen from what I read.

Got a road trip planned for Christmas. Would be nice to be able to take the X3.

JP
Congrats on getting the VIN JP!

Like you, we also have a road trip planned in December and I am really hoping to be able to have the X3 by then.
      11-11-2015, 03:37 PM   #29
thenew3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Got an email from the sales adviser today saying the car is on the train heading for Oxnard. Schedule arrival in Oxnard is the 20th. He is going to see what he can do to expedite it to get it to the dealer in time for a 25th delivery. We have a trip 26th-29th and would love to take the new X3 for the trip (to break it in).

If we can get it by the 25th that means from order to delivery of almost 7 weeks. Which is within the 6-8 weeks the sales adviser quoted before we signed the paperwork.
Was still hoping for it to be faster since others have reported 3 to 4 week wait times.
Oh well, it's getting close and getting very excited. The last BMW I ordered was back in 1998 for the then yet to be released E46 328i. That was a long 4 month wait.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2015, 11:28 PM   #30
jponline77
Private
Canada
Rep

I looked up my VIN number in a BMW VIN number look up and it says my production date is November 11th. Does anyone know if that is the date that production is complete? Or does it represent another stage on the production process?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2015, 11:52 PM   #31
NS324
United_States
Rep

Did you call the 800# jp? The website doesn't show anything for my build, but the 800# identifies a completion date of the 13th. (Just like what happened to thenew3.) Maybe that system will have your information as well, and since it specifically stated the completion date for me, it should shed a light on whether the 11th was indeed the completion date of your X3.
      11-13-2015, 12:06 AM   #32
jponline77
Private
Canada
Rep

We don't seem to have the same access to information in Canada. I've called the 1-800 in Canada and it's pretty useless. All it can say is that it's "In production." I'll try calling again tomorrow but I'm not helpful.

Have you run your VIN number through yet? Does it list a production date?

JP
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 12:20 AM   #33
NS324
United_States
Rep

Both the production order number and the VIN yield results on the 800# for me. The website tracking system doesn't get updated in my case - it still says "order received". I don't know why in some situations the website doesn't get updated while in other situations it does.

Hopefully someone who has had success with the website will be able to tell you whether the 11th was the completion date.
      11-13-2015, 07:50 PM   #34
jponline77
Private
Canada
Rep

Called the 1-800 number. Says my car is on its way to Halifax... Wouldn't have thought it went that way. From what I've read, it should be about 3 weeks to get to Vancouver.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2015, 11:24 PM   #35
NS324
United_States
Rep

That's great news JP! Hopefully you'll get it before your planned trip.

Mine is scheduled to ship this week.
      11-20-2015, 12:39 AM   #36
Hachi
Private
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyhusky View Post

Thanks to some kind people on this forum and their valuable advice, I finally ordered the BMW X3 with the price I want.

Dealing with dealers and negotiation of price are such a pain for me, but I made it!!!

Now one question, currently how long does it take for a factory order?

Thanks.
what pricing did you agree on? What specs? thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2015, 12:19 PM   #37
jponline77
Private
Canada
Rep

At this point, I'm pretty sure no one has much information about where my car is. I'm hoping that it can make it to Canada before American thanksgiving. I suspect that might slow down the delivery if it gets stuck in transit as I'm sure staffing levels will be dropping over the holiday. In Canada we already had our thanksgiving, so it won't be slowed down.

I'm pretty sure I will get the car the last week of November and likely before December 4th. However, I don't think anyone will be able to tell me anything before it arrives at the dealership...
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2015, 02:35 PM   #38
thenew3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NS324 View Post

Well Dealer now says the car won't arrive till this weekend or next week.

Don't know why it took 2.5 weeks to go by train from SC to CA, and then need another 1+ week to get trucked 300 miles north to the central coast CA area.

I can drive to the BMW VPC in Oxnard from here in 5 to 6 hours and there is only 1 other dealer between here and Oxnard so the truck wouldn't have to make that many stops.

guess we won't be taking the X3 on the road trip this week.

BTW, web site still shows the car in production, and the 800 # says car is at port awaiting shipping vessel (same for past 2.5 weeks.)
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2015, 02:55 PM   #39
jponline77
Private
Canada
Rep

I wonder if they've just stopped keeping their computer systems up to date. Tracking your shipment just doesn't seem possible. If your dealer is anything like mine they have no clue where the car is.

Last time I talked to my dealer he said the car was still in production that was a week ago but I know from the VIN number and from the 1-800 number it was manufactured on Nov. 11th.

Every time I talk to the 1-800 number they tell me some story that makes no sense. One person told me it was going by ship to Halifax. Another told me it was still in production, when I questioned it, he said oh wait no it's shipping by train but he has no way of tracking.

I don't think anyone really knows where it is at. So, it'll show up at the dealership when it arrives... Just wait until then. Who knows, your dealer could be wrong and it could show up today.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2015, 11:21 PM   #40
NS324
United_States
Rep

thenew2, jp, Sorry to hear that things are not progressing as one would have hoped. Hopefully things will start to fall into place.

I received mine a few days ago. The website still shows the vehicle as awaiting production.

All I can say is that the wait is definitely worth it! I feel like I had been cheated for the last 25,000 miles by driving my former car (a 2014 Toyota Venza).

The BMW website doesn't mention anything about it, and I haven't looked into it yet, but I believe it is the adaptive headlights that have a feature that completely took me by surprise. When the turn signal is on, the car looks for street signs and directs the light from the turn signal towards them! (I also got the impression that street signs are targeted even if the turn signal is not on, but I cannot say that with certainty.)

I guess since the car already has the smarts to look for speed limit signs, it makes sense that the lights be used to help illuminate any street sign that it finds.

It rained the whole day after picking up the car, so it is already dirty. I took a couple of pictures but hope to take more once the car is washed. And also hopefully improve my picture-taking capability.
Attached Images

11-24-2015, 09:33 AM   #41
jponline77
Private
Canada
Rep

Congrats!

Nice colour choices. Now I am looking forward to mine.

You want a real cool feature... You should look up anti-dazzle high beams. It's not enabled in North America because of regulations but if you got the LED light upgrade you can code it to enable. I already have the cable and software installed to get this feature going. It is definitely very cool.

As for mine. My dealer finally got some information. He shows that on Sunday the car left on a train. It's expected to arrive in Vancouver by December 13th and be ready for pick-up on the 20th. So, it'll be ready for my Christmas trip. I figure with all this oil being shipped by rail in the US, it's harder to get rail cars than it used to. That's probably why it took a week and a half to get onto a train. Oh well.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2015, 10:37 AM   #42
thenew3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Well the automated system at the 800# says my vehicle is in transit. Which should mean it's on a truck. Wonder how long the 300 mile journey will take. Maybe we'll get lucky and the car will get to the dealer today and we can take delivery tomorrow before our trip Thursday morning. Or worst case we take delivery Sunday afternoon when we get back from our trip.

Congrats NS324, I love that interior color. We had to get all black interior as we have 2 little kids and black is the only color that will be easy to maintain with 2 kids.
The M sport looks very aggressive as well!

Did you get the adaptive xenon or adaptive LED headlights? We got the adaptive xenon, I wonder if it has the cornering lights like my previous (non-bmw) vehicles. That's where when you slow down below 20mph and you have your turn signals on, it will light up the side of the road where you are turning to help you see where the curb/road is. I find that to be a very useful feather where I live as there are no street lights so it's very dark and the roads are not very well marked. That's one of the main features I miss from our previous car that I'm hoping this one will have. Unfortunately it seems all of the cars on the dealer lots don't have lighting package so we couldn't test it out, and the sales folks didn't know the answer to it either.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2015, 02:35 PM   #43
thenew3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Dealer just called, our car just arrived and is being unloaded off the truck as we speak. They will prep it for delivery this evening.

Wife is going to be super excited as this will replace her DD and we can take our Thanksgiving trip with her new car.

Will get a few pics up when the weather allows.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2015, 11:13 PM   #44
NS324
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jponline77 View Post
Congrats!

Nice colour choices. Now I am looking forward to mine.

You want a real cool feature... You should look up anti-dazzle high beams. It's not enabled in North America because of regulations but if you got the LED light upgrade you can code it to enable. I already have the cable and software installed to get this feature going. It is definitely very cool.

As for mine. My dealer finally got some information. He shows that on Sunday the car left on a train. It's expected to arrive in Vancouver by December 13th and be ready for pick-up on the 20th. So, it'll be ready for my Christmas trip. I figure with all this oil being shipped by rail in the US, it's harder to get rail cars than it used to. That's probably why it took a week and a half to get onto a train. Oh well.
I'm glad that you finally got some dates on the arrival. And now it looks like you will have it before your road trip!

I first learned about the anti-dazzle high beams from the thread that you created. Definitely a great feature. Let us know how it works out after coding. I haven't decided yet whether I'll make any modifications; I leased the car, so I am a bit tepid.