BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-30-2014, 06:17 AM   #23
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d Xline Melbourne Red

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bounderboy
Thanks and much appreciated... Just heard back thatchanging colour is possible but could affect delivery from 0-8weeks.. So loving Black again now.

Being built this week which is great news..

So just say nice things about Black from now on please :-)
When did you order ?

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Current: E85 Z4 3.0si roadster titanium/Syrah individual

Current: F31 320d touring black/black work hack
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2014, 01:39 PM   #24
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 LCI 2.0d X-Line

1st week of May I think it was... 2.0d X-Line Sapphire Black - Mocha Leather.. Without any options at all..
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2014, 01:38 PM   #25
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounderboy View Post
Without any options at all..
Really doesn't need any when the SE + X-line spec is already so generous in the UK.
      10-02-2014, 03:49 PM   #26
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffLittleUnit View Post
Really doesn't need any when the SE + X-line spec is already so generous in the UK.
Glad you think so too :-) Everyone seems to have full loaded on here .. Must admit i was lucky to get this spec in on budget.. and I was happy with the spec... I would have been happyish with SE but 17inch wheels not my cup of tea and liked styling extras of X-Line.

I perhaps would have liked some of the connected services - i assume the iPhone app only works if you have these options?
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2014, 03:58 PM   #27
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep

Gazzza - just noticed your car doesn't have the standard X-line wheels - what made you opt for the 605 rather than the 607's?
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 01:41 AM   #28
gazzer666
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2015 XLine 2.0d

Really? I made no decision to change the wheels.

This is taken from the order form :

Front seats electric adjust lumbar support , Electric dual tilt/slide panoramic glass sunroof,
60/40 split folding rear seat, Metallic - Glacier Silver , Nevada leather - Black, 3
spoke sports leather multi-function steering wheel, Visibility pack - X3, Extended storage pack - X3, Internet access, Bluetooth hands free telephone
connection with USB audio interface, Advanced Parking pack - X3, Media pack - professional with HDD Nav - X3, Dark copper high gloss interior trim, 18" Y
spoke light alloy wheels - Style 607

So definitely on there - glad you spotted it, totally went over my head !

Will investigate

Last edited by gazzer666; 10-03-2014 at 02:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 03:54 AM   #29
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzer666 View Post
Really? I made no decision to change the wheels.

This is taken from the order form :

Front seats electric adjust lumbar support , Electric dual tilt/slide panoramic glass sunroof,
60/40 split folding rear seat, Metallic - Glacier Silver , Nevada leather - Black, 3
spoke sports leather multi-function steering wheel, Visibility pack - X3, Extended storage pack - X3, Internet access, Bluetooth hands free telephone
connection with USB audio interface, Advanced Parking pack - X3, Media pack - professional with HDD Nav - X3, Dark copper high gloss interior trim, 18" Y
spoke light alloy wheels - Style 607

So definitely on there - glad you spotted it, totally went over my head !

Will investigate
I am no BMW expert as my order is the first one and I have never even driven one lol. I feel bad now.. They do look great too!
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 04:17 AM   #30
gazzer666
Private
Rep

Quote:
I am no BMW expert as my order is the first one and I have never even driven one lol. I feel bad now.. They do look great too!
Yeah the ones on mine are definately the 605's so no idea what has happened, could be :-

1) Honest mistake somewhere
2) Ran out of the nice ones so stuck on the bog standard
3) BMW have changed the spec but not bothered to tell anyone
4) Bloke who delivered the car scammed me on the way down from the dealer

Waiting for them to get back to me so will update soon.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 04:28 AM   #31
Jammy83
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 X3 lci 20d M Sport

Nice to see another Glacier Silver Lci. It's a great colour and an improvement on the previous Titanium Silver when put side by side.

Interesting to see you went for the manual gearbox. How do you find it? The general info I've read/heard suggests the BMW manual boxes aren't that great these days, except for the 'M' cars.
I went for the sport auto (my first auto!) and I'm converted! It's fantastic and I can still occasionally switch to manual.

This is our first X3 and it's a great car! Hope you're loving yours too!
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 04:47 AM   #32
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep

With regards to Manual - I went with it as well. I actually very much like Autos but never have them as it always pushes it out of the price bracket or I would rather have something else instead. It is a big price step!
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 04:51 AM   #33
gazzer666
Private
Rep

Went with the manual because I'm used to them as was happy with the one in my 320d. Also partly on price as it meant I could add a few more extras without going crazy.

So far it drives great and I've no issues with the manual box. Might try it out on the wife though as she's good at grinding gears

Just seen another post possibly explaining the wheel issue :

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=107

Last edited by gazzer666; 10-03-2014 at 05:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 06:06 AM   #34
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep

I remember seeing that now... you would hope they would tell you though. I have been admiring your car ever since you posted pics. It also took much flicking between the wheel choices to even confirm to me they were different!..
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 09:05 AM   #35
gazzer666
Private
Rep

Well just had an interesting conversation with the car broker regarding the 605 wheels they put on my XLine instead of the standard 607's

My broker has spoken to BMW (not sure whom yet)

Apparently, there is a major problem with the 607's and they are looking at a possible 12 month delay before any become available - and there is even a chance they may be discontinued.

It seems a communication failure has meant that I was never (nor my broker ) informed about the wheels and they simply replaced them with 605s instead. Not good, they were a key reason for taking the Xline upgrade in the first place

I was told that BMW assumed I would rather have different wheels than wait another 12 months or longer. They didn't give me the option to say no or to make my own changes instead.

I've explained I'm not happy having to pay for something I thought I was getting but wasn't.

I don't know if there's any real financial difference between 605 and 607 model wheels but it was mainly the look that influenced my decision to upgrade from the SE.

My broker is doing some more investigations for me, and will hopefully get a definitive answer out of BMW. They have an order book of 13 more X3's destined for the UK and are a bit worried themselves now about all this.

So it seems that anyone who ordered the XLine trim and is still waiting might have to do without the 607's. Unless they are just restricting these to certain geographical locations only.

The UK X3 brochure has finally been released as well in the last month (better late than never) and this clearly still shows the 607 wheels in all the specifications. I guess it will take another 6 months to remove them !

Never thought I could get so emotional about a set of wheels

Last edited by gazzer666; 10-07-2014 at 09:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 03:07 PM   #36
cumbrianlad
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3 2011

Quote:

Never thought I could get so emotional about a set of wheels
I've said similar in the last couple of months! Didn't like the idea that part of the xline package wasn't available and the alternative offered was for a style that I could have got on the SE. Takes away part of the reason for ordering an xline. It seems there is a take it or leave it attitude by BMW. Did think at one stage of cancelling order, but what does that achieve? I'm in no major hurry to change and it means someone else gets my build slot a bit earlier than they would otherwise have done. One happier customer, one less problem for BMW to sort!
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 10:38 AM   #37
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d Xline Melbourne Red

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cumbrianlad View Post
I've said similar in the last couple of months! Didn't like the idea that part of the xline package wasn't available and the alternative offered was for a style that I could have got on the SE. Takes away part of the reason for ordering an xline. It seems there is a take it or leave it attitude by BMW. Did think at one stage of cancelling order, but what does that achieve? I'm in no major hurry to change and it means someone else gets my build slot a bit earlier than they would otherwise have done. One happier customer, one less problem for BMW to sort!
This update if true is somewhat worrying ... that BMW would just supply a car with non standard wheels without any comment is out of order ...

On the subject of the 607's my dealer tells me that only some cars are delayed but that mine is not !

Maybe need to speak again !

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Current: E85 Z4 3.0si roadster titanium/Syrah individual

Current: F31 320d touring black/black work hack
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 04:36 PM   #38
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep

Wow do feel bad for noticing now.. :-(

I am going to have to wait and see now. The X-line is an expensive vanity upgrade for sure.. But assumed £1000 of it was nice wheels ... now we have £2000 for bit of extra silver plastic and some writing on the seat.

Perhaps would except 19's as a replacement.. but going to be gutted if end up with the 605's without some sweetner..

However I have no option to say I will wait longer for order as my current lease goes back and I kind of need a car! Also worried that BMW will realise this and give me the tough t!tty have the car as is or not..

Wonder if there has been any previous precedent on this type of error with BMW. this is my first one so no idea how they treat customers in this type of situation...
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2014, 02:14 AM   #39
gazzer666
Private
Rep

Glad you did notice I was too busy playing with the toys inside to spot the main feature of the Xline trim was missing.

Still waiting to hear back - will ask for 19inchers or maybe get them to tint the windows +install sunblinds. Could learn to live with the wheels in time I guess !

End of the day the car hasn't been delivered to requirements - they can't argue with that.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2014, 03:00 AM   #40
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Glad you did notice I was too busy playing with the toys inside to spot the main feature of the Xline trim was missing.

Still waiting to hear back - will ask for 19inchers or maybe get them to tint the windows +install sunblinds. Could learn to live with the wheels in time I guess !

End of the day the car hasn't been delivered to requirements - they can't argue with that.
Yeah I would rather have the conversation after they delivered rather than take it or leave it before they did anyway. They don't look bad of course at all. Is it a lease car or your own personal pound notes?
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2014, 03:26 AM   #41
gazzer666
Private
Rep

Quote:
Yeah I would rather have the conversation after they delivered rather than take it or leave it before they did anyway. They don't look bad of course at all. Is it a lease car or your own personal pound notes?
It's a lease car as they've stopped our company car scheme and replaced it with a cash allowance.

Still effectively paying for the upgrade in the lease cost. Would have probably gone for the SE model but added the HUD / Driving Assist package instead had I'd been given the option at the start.

You'd have thought BMW would put a message up on the configurator to state that the wheels are in short supply and they may not be available.

Had a Ford Galaxy about 7 years ago and they forgot to put in the heated seats I'd ordered. However, they bent over backwards to sort it and gave me some accessories (such as dog guard) to compensate. Good service and happy customer still.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2014, 03:57 AM   #42
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep

I would have thought leasing company would want to know because surely it "could" affect resale down the line. Glad it isn't your pound notes on depreciation though..

You would think they would change the website or very least cover themselves by letting existing orders know. I almost don't want to know until delivered as nothing I would be able to do if i accepted order in advance..

You dealing with lease company or BMW direct on this? Are they bending over backwards..?
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2014, 04:57 AM   #43
gazzer666
Private
Rep

I'm dealing with the broker who arranged the deal for me at the moment. I pointed out that the lease company (Lex) have effectively bought a car that's not as described and will affect resale value in the future. They have been pretty good so far but I will go direct to Lex if I don't get any joy. I've got a signed financial agreement in front of me that clearly states 607 wheels

I think the broker wants to sort this as they have a number of X3's already on order for other customers so they don't want to go through the same grief later on.

The 19 inch wheels would be best result for me, I know they cost more but given BMW's attitude to money (didn't think I'd mind coughing up £1500 for chrome garnish only) then they won't notice it.

Will see
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2014, 05:07 AM   #44
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep

Lol I think you are right? - who is your broker..? my lease is with a broker too (flexiblevehicles) and ultimately supplied by Lex too..
Appreciate 0